• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A neat and cheap mod

Overkel

Rock Stacker
Here's a fun and cheap mod that I haven't seen anyone else do....
Delrin bead lock rings !

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vend...eadlock-rings-axial-vp-mayhem-tss-others.html

These were like $3-4 a piece and look awesome on the stock wheels. I actually put different rings on the front than I put on the back and he'll send them too you any way you ask for. There's only one thing you need to know....

Say they are for a standard 6 hole axial rim. If you mention Redcat it will just confuse him. Other than that MThead is a joy to work with, just like the rest of the vendors here on RCC.

These rings are way lighter weight than stock and waaay sexier for just the type of money that us redcat guys don't typically mind spending. Looking through the whole thread I linked should give you plenty of ideas.

I have been super anal about my weight distribution so I ordered lots of extra screw holes in the front and none in the back. Then I went out and bought the little decorative screws (for another $5 or so) at the place he recommends in the thread. This way the front rings weigh slightly more than the back rings.

I also put metal gears in front and plastic in the back. By the time I put one of those little 850 mah 3s batteries from HK on the front axle next to the servo, I came out with an almost perfect 60/40 weight distribution and my overall COG is much better than when I was running that giant Nihm it came with. This helps you to not flip over backwards on steep inclines.

Taking those super heavy stock metal rings off, also helps with less stress on the motor and internal gears as it decreases rotating mass. It probably helps wheel speed a little bit ta boot.

Back