• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Nova's Ark

Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
Subscribed Member
Crawler Innovations is excited to bring a new material and design to the RC Rock Crawling, & Scale RC Crawling hobby / sport. This new design features a closed cell inner foam with a conventional outer. The closed cell inner foam is super dense, water proof, is not temperature sensitive and is extremely durable. The conventional outer foam is not temperature sensitive, but it is not water proof.

The closed cell inner foams are designed for 1" wide 1.9 bead locks.

The outer foam is Over- Sized on purpose to encase the closed cell inner, and to provide for weight support.

1.9 Lil' Nova Outer Foam Choices:
Soft
Medium
Firm

They are sold in a pair for $10.95

This is the shortest of the 1.9 closed cell inners and is designed for scalers weighing 5 - 6 pounds using tires 4.25" to 4.50" Tall.
6857050144_6b5736943d_b.jpg

This is the middle height of the 1.9 closed cell inners & is designed for scalers weighing 6 - 8 pounds using tires 4.375" to 4.625"Tall.
7003165899_910fc72dde_b.jpg

This is the tallest height of the 1.9 closed cell inners & is designed for scalers weighing 9 - 12 pounds using tires 4.750" to 5.0" Tall.
6857050386_b062422912_b.jpg

The 1.9 closed cell inners & the 1.9 die cut outers are available separately:

7003165689_85971116e4_b.jpg

Comparison Pictures:

7003698015_c30c478345_b.jpg

7003698159_f087c5df78_b.jpg

Please use this format when asking for which foams to buy:

Truck Weight RTR?
Truck usage (bashing (fast) or rock crawling (slow)?
What brand manufacture tire, compound, any tire mods?
How wide are the bead locks?

Last edited:
Wow these are nice. I think they would be a nice addition to my mini crawler"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Ordered mine...cant wait to get them and try them out...if there anything like my last set ill be happy

Thank you for your continued business"thumbsup"

Wow these are nice. I think they would be a nice addition to my mini crawler"thumbsup""thumbsup"

I don't make dual stage foams for Losi Mini or micro Crawlers. They average 3 pounds and less. With something so light weight and small, it's difficult to make a dual stage foam that small and it usually proves unnecessary. A single stage with tuning discs works much better and is much cheaper.

Just ordered the 4.25 with soft outers for my next set of TSL's, better start wearing out my current set. :ror:

Thank you for your order"thumbsup"

I'm going to have to get some of these soon :)

In stock an shipping now"thumbsup"

Got em' today man, that was quick once again! They look like they'll be killer but might be a while till I actually use them.

Use them, use them now please. I'm very eager to get your response to learn how they perform for you or what suggestions you might have.

Can these be ordered a 1/4" wider then standard? Price?

Yes.
No price increase.
When you place your order through the web store, in the customer notes, please tell me you have wider 1.9" wheels, how wide they are (1.25" in your case), and I will send you a wider inner foam instead.
Please understand, the tire will not mount if the closed cell inner is to wide.

I don't make dual stage foams for Losi Mini or micro Crawlers. They average 3 pounds and less. With something so light weight and small, it's difficult to make a dual stage foam that small and it usually proves unnecessary. A single stage with tuning discs works much better and is much cheaper.

I am running 4.25" rovers. I need the taller foams. I dont think that the dual stage will negatively effect it. But if there is another option, I am open to suggestions.

Got my set today, I got the medium height with medium outer. This is my first time to use any foam besides the stocks. I almost gave up trying to put these in...lol
Makes my pitbulls taller and firm compare to the stocks that were very soft.
How firm or soft shoud tires be? I use these on a scaler.

Use them, use them now please. I'm very eager to get your response to learn how they perform for you or what suggestions you might have.

Ok, had the time to at least get one mounted on the front driver side. Pic of old dual stage next to new dual stage. The bench poser pics even show the huge difference in sidewall support from your old foams. I'll update as soon as I get them all mounted and tested on some rock. Hopefully by next weekend...

Attachments

• 100_0511.JPG
    100_0511.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 3,451
  • 100_0512.JPG
    100_0512.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 3,441
  • 100_0513.JPG
    100_0513.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 3,476
  • 100_0514.JPG
    100_0514.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 6,313
  • 100_0516.JPG
    100_0516.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 3,438
Ok, had the time to at least get one mounted on the front driver side. Pic of old dual stage next to new dual stage. The bench poser pics even show the huge difference in sidewall support from your old foams. I'll update as soon as I get them all mounted and tested on some rock. Hopefully by next weekend...

Awesome! Great pictures. You are going to notice a huge difference in how it drives and how they hold up to water and mud compared to the original design. Thank you for posting up about them. Please keep us informed in how they perform for you."thumbsup"

I have been testing these foams for a while now. Crawler Innovations has nailed it with these closed cell foams.

At most comps I attend the biggest issues people have is their foams, they roll way to much and their rigs don't track very well or they have too stiff of foams and they can't get the bounce out of their rigs.

The CI foams track very well and don't have the bounce, hands down the best foam at there!

I just attended Utah State championship I finished with a 2nd place overall and my foams put me over the top. I crawled lines nobody else could. Now I just need to figure out my electrical issues.

what will be my best bet with my 10/11 lb truck with 4.65" IROK's, i want to have a aired down look but with support....will the middle height at the 4.65" tall limit be good for the weight of my truck with the center rib taken out of my IROK's already mounted on RC4WD pro-10 steelies.......bob

what will be my best bet with my 10/11 lb truck with 4.65" IROK's, i want to have a aired down look but with support....will the middle height at the 4.65" tall limit be good for the weight of my truck with the center rib taken out of my IROK's already mounted on RC4WD pro-10 steelies.......bob

I personally have not set up irok's yet but if it was me I would use the tall Inners and with a 10 - 11 pound rig I like med outers on the fronts and rears you might need firms.
I believe the rc4wd are a .80 inch wheel so you might need to trim your outers a bit which all I use is a serrated knife.

Yeah man, these new closed cell are all the difference in tire performance from what I can tell with just two hours on them. Tire now works like it should, lugs don't fold over or push the contact patch in like before, and the forward bite is much better. Holds the line where you want to put your wheels and don't bounce off or slip like before. My rig may be 6-7lbs. no weights on wheels.

So far, pretty impressed. I must say at first I thought they were going to be too firm like a tire with too much air, but now its just we're used to foams with no support."thumbsup"

I'm looking to buy 2 sets of these foams. I have 2 SCXs, running IROKs (4.65" tire, truck ~8lbs) and the other running TTC Baja Claws (4.75" tire, truck ~7 lbs). I am looking for some advice as to what to buy. I was thinking the 4.5 nova foams for the IROKs in soft front and rear and 4.75 for the TTC Baja Claws in soft front and rear also. Any input on what firmness or size for the foams to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Both sets of tires are on RC4WD wheels (Pro10s/Claws; OEMs/IROKs)

Last edited:
Hi Eddy,It's John, we meet at ECC. I had no idea you had the same foams for the 1.9 MRC crawler. please PM me the total cost of a set of foams and i will PP the $$ to you. Thank for making a great product. Thanks."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup".

Yeah man, these new closed cell are all the difference in tire performance from what I can tell with just two hours on them. Tire now works like it should, lugs don't fold over or push the contact patch in like before, and the forward bite is much better. Holds the line where you want to put your wheels and don't bounce off or slip like before. My rig may be 6-7lbs. no weights on wheels.

So far, pretty impressed. I must say at first I thought they were going to be too firm like a tire with too much air, but now its just we're used to foams with no support."thumbsup"

I am glad you are liking the new foams"thumbsup"

I'm looking to buy 2 sets of these foams. I have 2 SCXs, running IROKs (4.65" tire, truck ~8lbs) and the other running TTC Baja Claws (4.75" tire, truck ~7 lbs). I am looking for some advice as to what to buy. I was thinking the 4.5 nova foams for the IROKs in soft front and rear and 4.75 for the TTC Baja Claws in soft front and rear also. Any input on what firmness or size for the foams to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Both sets of tires are on RC4WD wheels (Pro10s/Claws; OEMs/IROKs)

4.65" IROK 8 Pound Truck
4.50" Soft Outer Front
4.50" Medium Outer Rear (might have to narrow the rear outer foam to 1.5" width if it feels too stiff.)

4.75" BAJA Claw 7 Pound Truck
4.50" Soft Outer Front
4.50" Medium Outer Rear

The 4.75" is pretty big & stiff. It's best for heavy trucks and big tires.

Hi Eddy,It's John, we meet at ECC. I had no idea you had the same foams for the 1.9 MRC crawler. please PM me the total cost of a set of foams and i will PP the $$ to you. Thank for making a great product. Thanks."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup".

Hi John, please check out this thread for more information about Mini Rock Crawler foams:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawler-innovations/313467-1-9-lil-nova-foam-product-line.html
I do not make a dual stage foam for the MRC. The average MRC is 3 pounds and the weight does not justify a dual stage foam. Plus the average MRC tire is 3.75" tall.

Back