• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

6x6 to 4x4 rear axle

CoupeUK

Rock Stacker
I’ve bought a cheap 10II that for some unknown reason has a UMG10 6x6 rear axle fitted. This doesn’t bother me however the wheels spin the wrong way!

Aside from swapping the rear axle to one off a 4x4 model, is there a way round this to make this otherwise functioning crawler crawl?

I’ve bought a cheap 10II that for some unknown reason has a UMG10 6x6 rear axle fitted. This doesn’t bother me however the wheels spin the wrong way!

Aside from swapping the rear axle to one off a 4x4 model, is there a way round this to make this otherwise functioning crawler crawl?

Easy answer is flip it over.

Sure, you might have to file off your upper link mounts, and fabricate new ones...

Its really hard to tel without pictures, but I thought the 6x6 rear was upside down compared to the standard rear axle

Only the third axle differs ... the second axle is the same on 4x4 and 6x6, they just added a rear cover fitting a pinion to drive the third axle on it.

Back