• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

6v vs 7.4v servo diffrence

Malawi

Hi again!

So i understand now i cant set the hobbywing esc to 7.4 for running Servo at that voltage without burning the receiver on my trx4.

But how much more servo power do i get compare to 6v?
My Servo is a Srt hv brushless 35 kg.
In the specifics it says:
operating speed (6.0v): 0.16 sec/60 degrees at no load
operating speed (7.4v): 0.14 sec/60 degrees at no load
operating speed (8.4v): 0.13 sec/60 degrees at no load
stall torque (6.0v): 30.0kg.cm (416.6 oz/in)
stall torque (7.4v): 35.0kg.cm (486.0 oz/in)
stall torque (8.4v): 37.0kg.cm (513.8 oz/in)

It doesnt sound like a big diffrence to me but is it in reality, can u feel it?

Last edited:
Maybe? it depends as everyone has different standards for whats adequate or not.

Personally I run the max voltage on every servo I own because I dont want to lose out on extra performance. Never once burned out a servo because of it.

Keep in mind the 2 speed and diff servo's on the TRX4 (unless its a sport) are only rated for 6V so you'll need a external BEC to send 7.4V to the servo only.

I think it depends on your running style, 400oz should give you plenty of steering power.

If you are trail running with a little bit of crawling, you are more than covered here. Even if you are doing medium crawling with stock tires, you should still be good at 400oz. If you are hard-core crawling with larger tires, then you want the most torque you can get.

If you are really worried about it, install a CC BEC (v2.0 are waterproof), set it for 7.4VDC and have it run to your servo directly, easy-peasy!

Okei thanks for your opions. At the moment im only doing hard core crawling competion. But iam very new to it.

Il get a bec then :) does the Traxxas upgrade bec work or do you recommend another one? Also do i need anything else to make it work like an adapter?

Okei thanks for your opions. At the moment im only doing hard core crawling competion. But iam very new to it.

Il get a bec then :) does the Traxxas upgrade bec work or do you recommend another one? Also do i need anything else to make it work like an adapter?

Get a Castle Creations BEC. Don't waste your time or money on the Traxxas.

THIS is why I recommend the Savox 1230SG, it is rated at 500 oz in at 6V which makes it compatible with the rest of the TRX4/6 electronics. You will still likely need to run an external BEC because the HW1080 is only rated for 3a on it's internal BEC. The HeyOK or CC 10a BECs are considered the most cost effective BEC options on the market.

Back