• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

57 plus miles in 24 hours

Seems pretty doable with ~2.5 mph average speed while actually driving (2.375 including breaks) on that seemingly simple course.
Replacing the motor to something more efficient would allow using less battery power while keeping the same speed.

Man that had to get boring...... I would have quit after three hours

Cheers
Wade
But what if you were getting as many free batteries as you wanted for doing it?:lmao:

Things people do for sponsorship...

Nothing wrong with RTR. I'm glad they have kits though. But with my limited time and kits on the shelf not going anywhere, my next truck will be an RTR. I'm waiting for the Axial Wraith Jeep to come back in stock at Tower so I can use the 3 payment plan on it. Just helps spread it out for cost. Plus I like how it looks stock. You can always paint custom and modify later.

I call COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT on a stock axial brushed motor running for 24 hours. I know the one in my Daughters RTR Wraith made it almost 24 FEET before it smoked. NO WAY it made it 24 hours, as they are implying.

I call COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT on a stock axial brushed motor running for 24 hours. I know the one in my Daughters RTR Wraith made it almost 24 FEET before it smoked. NO WAY it made it 24 hours, as they are implying.

I believe he had to stop and replace the motor at least once.

Kudos to anybody who does something outside the box, especially if it's successful. Free Wraith, batteries, and light bar. Not to mention national publicity. Great job!

Nope it was real, I had planned to run my own scx10 truck just because its a beast filled with upgrades and I had just run it for 8 hours on a single MaxAmps 2 cell pack (8000 mah) plus i could run a higher speed (meaning more miles towards the Guinness record) but then I just thought doing it with an RTR might be fun, or a nightmare if it turned out to be a piece of junk… but the honest truth is other then a motor lead breaking off the motor at about 14 hours in the truck was impressive. I did blow the idler gear at about 330 am all because I was tired and got high centered on a rock and blasted the throttle from forward to reverse too aggressively… I was tired…

I see how it can be done... regarding the "stock" motors it can be luck of the draw really. Heck anything electronic and mechanical could have a non-visible defect that could do it in.

Regardless driving something for that long is pretty intense :shock:

I'd do it. I get pissed when my Zippy 5000 2S craps out after an hour...I'm just getting into it. Plus I'm nocturnal...I start to wake up about 3AM.

I call BS also, I don't care where you are or what terrain you drive. The video is hacked. I've driven all kinds of rigs and none of them have lasted anywhere close to that time. I could care less if you find the PERFECT gearing or not. It's total BULLSHIT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU want to PROVE IT, MAXAMPS??????
Provid vehicle specs and a complete list of parts use in said test rig.
Shoot an unedited video and let it run.
Untill then, quit blowing smoke up OUR ASS.

I've purchased well over 30 MA batteries, and I have not been satisfied . Hense, the reason I don't buy them any more. Hate me if you want , I' m just telling you my TRUTH.

Last edited:
I don't give a damn about the batteries or the associated drama. I'm just going to call bs if we're supposed to believe that every damned wood screw the rtr's come with stayed in for more than the first pack. :flipoff:

What's odd is they didn't even have the correct info for the old record which was set in 2011 and is 21.25 miles.

This could be real but I say get it in Guinness and then we can all believe it....

--Dan

Back