• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

55t Wraith questions

JSwizzle

Hi new to this forum and rc in general and i have a few questions. So i have a pretty much stock wraith it is a RTR Poison spyder. The only upgrades are metal straight axle carrier hubs on the back and a 55t trail breaker motor from axial.
the first motor went up in smoke and how i drive the wraith is more of a slow crawler type so i thought a 55t motor would be a good choice. So my question is how slow should this motor be. i kept the stock pinion gear and spur gear. and after putting in the new motor I have vary little speed at all. I know a 55t motor is slower but it seems maybe to slow. this is my first rc so I dont really have anything to base it off of. the main problem seems to be the lack of power when i go in reverse. Dont know if there is anything else i need to change when going to a 55t motor. i drove it up some hills and over some rocks and such and it does ok but reverse is really really slow like there is no power there. does this seem right? thanks! by the way i am using a 2cell lipo.

Last edited:
Im running a 55t in an ax10 and yeah im on 3s lipo.. faster but slow. Im gonna do a video hopefully tomorrow and will be able to show you...

thanks guys just wanted to make sure i got everything right a vid would be awesome!

I dropped the pinion and upped the spur. 15/87 I think. I just bought a 35T but havent installed it yet. On the 20T stock motor it still has a bit of speed, but not quite the low end I'm looking for, for crawling. So I'm swapping the motor for the 35T.

I run a 35T in my Wraith, but use 3s, and it's a little bit faster than it needs to be. I have the Wraith set up as a crawler with narrow axles, and not a rock racer. I had a 55T in my Sawback - also on 3s - and it was great in the rocks but sluggish on flat ground. I ended up swapping it into an SCX10 with a 3s, and it finally found a happy medium for that motor and the SCX10 that always felt too fast. I have several 35T motors, I think 2 45T, and one 55T. 35T and 45T seem to work best for most of my rigs.

Back