• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

4 wheel steer ?????

minijoe

what do u all think of a 4 wheel steer on a micro ????????? i plan on making it in to a scaler rig would it still work or would it be a dumb idea ???????
let me know what u think "thumbsup"

Here's my answer:
IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

YES!!! Mine is full time and it really improves the agility of these. A lot of people don't like it because you can't control when it's on and off, but I got used to it pretty fast and The lines you can take really open up. If you're goot at soldering, it's an easy mod to make.

I have 4 wheel steering on my rig and I like it a lot. I have a hacked skyfly fsgt3b and I have front, back, front and back and crab. I wouldn't run it full time because it can sort of get in the way some times but that's just my opinion. I use it a bit though. It makes awkward step ups a whole lot easier and there are definitely things I couldn't do without it. If you plan on using it on a scaler you might have problems clearing the rear stear on the body.

I have 4 wheel steering on my rig and I like it a lot. I have a hacked skyfly fsgt3b and I have front, back, front and back and crab. I wouldn't run it full time because it can sort of get in the way some times but that's just my opinion. I use it a bit though. It makes awkward step ups a whole lot easier and there are definitely things I couldn't do without it. If you plan on using it on a scaler you might have problems clearing the rear stear on the body.

Like I said, it takes some getting used to if you run it full-time. Just a matter of changing your driving style to suit the rig. It's great on a comp crawler and I wouldn't build a comper without it. While I agree the selectable 4WS is the way to go, doing it full-time is way cheaper and the pros really outweigh the cons.

I got my micro used and it came 4ws. After about 2 months the rear servo quit so I drove it 2ws til my new servo came in the mail. I never put it in, im just gonna keep it for a spare. I like the 2ws better. 4ws is fun but it makes it alot easier, and after awhile u want it to be more of a challenge.

I got my micro used and it came 4ws. After about 2 months the rear servo quit so I drove it 2ws til my new servo came in the mail. I never put it in, im just gonna keep it for a spare. I like the 2ws better. 4ws is fun but it makes it alot easier, and after awhile u want it to be more of a challenge.

how did u lock the sterring ??????

I just found some gnarlier rocks to crawl :D Plenty of challenge and almost impossible without the 4WS.

Back