• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2S Lipo in Stock Redcat Ground Pounder?

MattKimble

Hey guys i picked up a Redcat Ground Pounder and it is horribly slow out of the box. Thinking of upgrading the motor and running it on a 2s Lipo. The sticker on the ESC says it is able to run it. Looks like i will have it change out the connector. Has anyone had any experience with this and am i in for a world of trouble, or should i just get a new ESC?

What's the stock battery?
Going to 2s LiPo isn't always much more voltage than the RTR NiMH.
You would need to step up to 3s to see more speed.

First of all, remember it's a crawler, not supposed to be fast like a basher.

You can change the electronics for a better 3s support and better motors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What's the stock battery?
Going to 2s LiPo isn't always much more voltage than the RTR NiMH.
You would need to step up to 3s to see more speed.

First of all, remember it's a crawler, not supposed to be fast like a basher.

You can change the electronics for a better 3s support and better motors.

Stock Battery is a 7.2v 2000mAh NiMh.
Reason for switching is all my other trucks have a 7.4V 5000mAh 2s Lipo so i want ot keep everything consistant and i am switching out the stock 20 turn motor to a Traxxas 12turn Titan 550.

It's all good then. But do yourself a favor and get a Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster Sport 550 12T. It's better than traxxas for the same price.

Back