• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2017 .... its coming and we need growth

Love ya Purp."thumbsup"

Right back at ya big guy .... My " on course " practicing stops this year ... Got lights on my back yard course ... I'll be out there every night that I'm not on the dirt jumps with my bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right back at ya big guy .... My " on course " practicing stops this year ... Got lights on my back yard course ... I'll be out there every night that I'm not on the dirt jumps with my bike

That means Sunday?

No I really mean a couple times a week bitch .... The jumps have lights too so pfffffffttttt

So, I just picked up a stock ish xr10. Holmes motors, castle micro escs, and a nicer futaba servo. Started messing around with it last night. I have no idea why I didn't do this sooner. I'm having a blast with it already.

Iam coming back to the hobby but what got me hooked was the old school comps in donner when Brian Parker was heavily envolved and put on a great event. I sure hope it gets back to the way it was. Fun times with great people and friends

Agree some don't mind buying the best of the best from the start, that's cool too.

If we think of it that way then are helping the class and new driver who is on a 500$ (example) budget or are we discouraging them and pushing them towards a 400$ rtr scaler?

I wouldn't call it limiting them ..... I would call it Rules.

Guidelines everyone has to follow to run in that class. Our local race track has the Dare Stock class. Nothing really stock about it but they have guidelines, rules to what they can and cant use. It doesn't matter if someone wants to spend a million dollars on the car, they still can but it has to conform to the rules they set.

They can still spend a million dollars but now the driver just starting doesn't feel like they have to just because someone else did. They all run the same stuff.

Similar to how I started, buddy of mine said hey can you make a tube frame for my Scorpion. I was like wtf is a scorpion, the kyosho? He showed me and I started digging around and found this site. Built his frame, had fun doing it so bought a bunch of parts to do my own. Ran into a long time racing friend that was crawling and he got me hooked. Shafty was all we had really back then for 2.2 so maybe that's why my heart is in boosting growth that way lol. But Ive been into a lot of corners of R/C for almost 30 years, I know what it involves to compete.

If we don't try something then we already failed ourselves. ;-)

Then why not do a "retro" class. Stock style chassis. No cf, delrin or g10. Minor axle upgrades, minor stock trans upgrades allowed. No pin style tires. Shocks of your choice. Bodied, or bodyless. 12.5 wheelbase limit. 2.2 rim limit, plastic or aluminum. 35-55t brushed motor limit. No knuckle weights. Any link material (ie aluminum, stainless, allthread, brass). A reliable and well performing rc that you can hand to someone and tell them to go drive and get them hooked. Thats my 1cent

Back