• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2015 US Scale Trials Championships 2-21/22-15 at Motorama

DRIVNMF

I wanna be Dave

MOTORAMA

presents the

US Scale Trials Championship
hosted by
RECON G6

Radio Control Scale Trials will test a driver's ability and their vehicles capability to navigate through a series of gates over a variety of terrain and performing special driving tasks.

Special Skill Sections will include a sled pull & mud pit.& for the first time ever, scale drivers will race side by side in a scale drag race section.

- Open Class - Wheel size not to exceed 1.9 inches. Tire size not to exceed 4.75in / 120mm. No Comp tires & No cut & shuts.

- ST Class - Tire size not to exceed 4.25in / 107mm. No comp tires or cut & shuts. All tires must be kept inside the fender wells of the body style & wheelbase cannot be altered.

All Classes are required to have the following attached or carried in the vehicle including a 2D or 3D interior. A driver &/or passenger is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

- Side Mirrors or Driver side mirror & rear view mirror.
- Windshield wipers. Stickers or plastic are ok.
- A spare tire.
- A cooler.
- A jack.
- A gas can.
- A first aid kit.

- $50 First Class / $25 Additional Class / $5 Show & Shine
- Classes are limited to 100 vehicles per class.

Show & Shine categories are “Best in Show”, “Most Trail Ready”, & “Peoples Choice”. Guest Judges will vote on the Best in Show & Most Trail Ready, but the public will determine who takes home the Peoples Choice award.

Trials Sections - Drivers will be judged. Penalties will be assessed for hitting a gate marker, course ribbon, and/or the driver has to upright their vehicle on course. Ties will be broke by the time.

Pull Sled - Drivers will have one attempt at a full pull. Once forward momentum has stopped, the attempt is over and the distance will be recorded. Full Pulls will result in a pull off to determine the winner.

Mud Pit - Drivers will have one attempt to complete the mud pit. The quickest time wins or the furthest distance travelled. A tie will result in another run to break the tie.

Scale Drag Race - Drivers will draw for lane choice. Each driver will enter the staging area to start the race. A red light will result in a DQ. Points will be given for a win or lose. The 16 fastest times will be placed in a shootout to determine the winner. The course will consist of a variety of terrain. Good Luck & Have Fun.

Driver Challenge - Drivers will have an opportunity to perform a task for additional points.

The 25 Drivers earning the most combined points out of all the disciplines will advance to the Finals on Sunday. The Drivers points will resest and the driver with the most points will be crowned the 2015 US RC Scale Trials Champion.

Schedule:

- Saturday : 9am Drivers Meeting / National Anthem / Stage for Show n Shine
9:30- Stages & Skill Sections open for all drivers.
After all drivers have attempted every stage & skill section, the best Drivers of Day 1 will compete for Top Driver of each skill section and a 16 Driver scale drag racing shoot-out.

Note: Awards given to the top driver of each stage & skill section.

- Sunday - The Top 25 Overall Drivers will compete for the Title of U.S Scale Trials Champion.
9am Drivers Meeting / National Anthem
9:30 - Event Start
Awards to follow the Event.

Directions / Intel

Pits with Power are available.
Drivers must bring their own tables & chairs.
Lipo Batteries must be charged in a lipo bag.

Promotional Packages available. Contact RECON G6, recong6@hotmail.com & be part of the inaugural US Scale Trials Championship and part of Motorama, the Nations largest indoor motorsports event.

RRW Krawl Zone wishes every scale trials driver Luck in the inaugural US Scale Trials Championship taking place at Motorama 2015. The largest indoor motorsports event in the Nation.

Check RRW out at;

RRW-KRAWL-ZONE

They Hosted the Axial Coven Quest RECON G6 Scale Adventure Event in 2014 & are on the 2015 G Train Schedule!

They host other super cool events throughout the year. including the largest U4RC style rock racing tracks that I've ever seen!

Thanks for all the support, John & Robin. "thumbsup"

Tickets purchased and hotel booked, see you in Feb."thumbsup"

Decent price, about 3 miles from the Farm show complex. Free wifi, conti. breakfast and 24HR coffee."thumbsup"

Days Inn Harrisburg North
3919 North Front Street,
Harrisburg, PA 17110​

Clarification question for Parker. When we talked you said to me no 1.9 tires stretched on 2.2 wheels. Does the same go for 1.55 tires stretched on 1.9 wheels? I know we are going for stockish scale realism with the ST and Open Class. I am being asked questions I do not have answers for.

John

Rig and person bugging Jslick! Lol..

ST class legal?

1.55's on 1.9's

67830ec3f1488272e63ca62cad73bcd9.jpg

Tires show... Class 1 legal but.. ST class legal?

a6ae521cf52b4a94b502767030e29302.jpg

Thanks..

Clarification question for Parker. When we talked you said to me no 1.9 tires stretched on 2.2 wheels. Does the same go for 1.55 tires stretched on 1.9 wheels? I know we are going for stockish scale realism with the ST and Open Class. I am being asked questions I do not have answers for.

John

Rig and person bugging Jslick! Lol..

ST class legal?

1.55's on 1.9's

67830ec3f1488272e63ca62cad73bcd9.jpg

Tires show... Class 1 legal but.. ST class legal?

a6ae521cf52b4a94b502767030e29302.jpg

Thanks..

I have a rule of thumb, Keep it scale. It looks scale to me. I just seen a JK with 22s. How well it works, who knows, but we will find out. "thumbsup"

One more for ya Parker..

What decides which rig is ran in the classes?

Like: I would want to run my TF2 in ST class and enter it in show an shine.

My scx in open class, mud bog, drag race, and pulling.

Is that the competitor's choice or are there set things each is put in?

Thanks

Troy

Ready to rock and roll at Motorama.

ST rolling on 1.55s

Open Class rig running the Official tires of the G6

One more for ya Parker..

What decides which rig is ran in the classes?

Like: I would want to run my TF2 in ST class and enter it in show an shine.

My scx in open class, mud bog, drag race, and pulling.

Is that the competitor's choice or are there set things each is put in?

Thanks

Troy

Troy, A driver will use the same truck for each stage. The emphasis is on scale trials, so each stage will be geared for maximum driving. Scale mud depth, sled weight will be class specific, the trials courses will have a heavy European influence all focused on fun!

I am not a big fan of rig carnage. Driving ability and vehicle capability will be tested and those drivers that can balance those two things, will be crowned champion. Breakage will occur. Murphy is going to ride shotgun with a driver a three, but drive smart & you will be fine. Stomp and Steer driving style in the Drag race, you may be in the pits replacing an axle with the roar of the crowd still causing your ears to ring. :shock:

I have a question about tires. I registered for the open class and I have a honcho with 1.9 tires with cut tread. Is that permitted?

Last edited:
Back