• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2.2 Question

Pineaple

Hello, I am new to the RC Crawling game and I had a few questions about the 2.2. What does 2.2 mean and why is everyone running them? I have a Clod that I just built and i was wondering if I should use these 2.2. I can use any help that I can get.

Thank you,
Pineaple

Hello Mr. Pineaple,

Welcome to our home. We hope you have a wonderful time during your stay, but we do encourage the use of the sites many features. For example the wonderful SEARCH button that allows Newbs such as your self to find the answers to life. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely, Mike :flipoff:

Well that didn't take long for someone to post a reply that is no help. I would use the searh function but I don't have the time, between work and kids I figured that some one that had the answer could help me. Sorry to waste peoples time.

Thank you,
Pineaple

Pineaple,

Don't get too bent outta shape. Your time may be precious, but other people have nothing better to do but rip on strangers over the internet. Why? Because they're big fat losers! And rippin' on others makes them feel better about themselves. ;)

And since they have no lives, they spend every waking hour perusing the pages of rccrawler.com. And they get testy when they see the same questions coming up over and over and over again because if someone DOES actually search, you get back a zillion posts that go a little something like this:

"I have a TLT. How do I make it into a crawler?"

Granted, your question wasn't like that, but this forum has so much info that just about any question can be answered by doing some quick searching and a little reading. I learned everything I know from just browsing this site whenever I had some free time.

And in my opinion, if you have a clod, go big. Unless you're going for a more scale look, get Maxx sized wheels/tires.

Last edited:
How was the "ripping on him"? From what I saw, he was being very polite. Not to mention that it doesn't really take that much time to search. :flipoff:

K_B said:
Pineaple,

Don't get too bent outta shape. Your time may be precious, but other people have nothing better to do but rip on strangers over the internet. Why? Because they're big fat losers! And rippin' on others makes them feel better about themselves. ;)

And since they have no lives, they spend every waking hour perusing the pages of rccrawler.com. And they get testy when they see the same questions coming up over and over and over again because if someone DOES actually search, you get back a zillion posts that go a little something like this.
Oh, is that what it is. :roll:

K_B said:
Pineaple,

And they get testy when they see the same questions coming up over and over and over again because if someone DOES actually search, you get back a zillion posts that go a little something like this:

"I have a TLT. How do I make it into a crawler?"

That is kinda the whole point: If people would search or just read a little they wouldn't be a zillion post like "I have a TLT. How do I make it into a crawler?"
Then the seach function would be more useful.

That was kinda the point I was trying to make.

And I guess the term "rip" was inappropriate. What mike posted wasn't really a "rip" I guess, but had some implied humor I guess you could call it.

As was my comment about big fat losers. I was just jokin' around.

Now that I think of it, I shouldn't have posted anything since the original question was answered, essentially finishing off the thread and now it might have the tendency to turn into a debate over whether people should take the time to search or just answer the frequestly asked questions as they come up.

Pineaple said:
Well that didn't take long for someone to post a reply that is no help. I would use the searh function but I don't have the time, between work and kids I figured that some one that had the answer could help me. Sorry to waste peoples time.

Thank you,
Pineaple

Pineaple, don't get your panties all twisted up. That's a lot of fabric covering that big *** of yours. So I'm guessing the knot would not be easy to untangle.

if you don't have time to search how are you going to find time to build a crawler? You should be sorry, Thats 38 seconds I won't get back. I'll send you a bill. :flipoff:

New to crawling,(What's 2.2?" sounds more like new to RC. This hobby is way to addictive for you I suggest you get out now while you can.

Everyone gets a gentle ribbing around here don't take offense. Feel to free to give it back. Just don't mess with Dirk. When his panties get bunched up it takes the whole state of Colorado to suit up in hazmat suits to fix the problem.

Now that the "ripping" or bashing is over. Welcome to the board. When you've been around here for a while you'll see what we are talking about. Countless useless repetative questions. It'd be like your son asking you why is the sky blue every day till he's 5. Anyway on too a real answer and to why 2.2 can be some confusing. Yes 2.2 is the diameter of the wheel. But it's confusing because other RC wheels are not differentiated by their diameter. otherwise clods would be called 2.6's and etc.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. Sorry that I did not use the search function first. I can understand that the forums get a lot of repeat questions. But my panties weren't in a bunch, just thought that people were more willing to help. And as far as being new to rc and not having time to build a crawler since I did not search, it goes like this I am out building and driving my crawler. Not surfing the forums and ripping on people. What is the point of having a crawler if all you do is look at it.

Thank you,
Pineaple

Pineaple said:
it goes like this I am out building and driving my crawler. Not surfing the forums and ripping on people.
How are you building your crawler if you have no idea what your doing? And how do you run a crawler that is being built by someone that has no idea what he's doing?

:lol:

Pineaple said:
Thank you everyone. Sorry that I did not use the search function first. I can understand that the forums get a lot of repeat questions. But my panties weren't in a bunch, just thought that people were more willing to help. And as far as being new to rc and not having time to build a crawler since I did not search, it goes like this I am out building and driving my crawler. Not surfing the forums and ripping on people. What is the point of having a crawler if all you do is look at it.

Thank you,
Pineaple

Until we see you build some sh!t like this
abt.sized.jpg

Or crawling like this
acz.sized.jpg

I don't want to hear you talk about building or driving a crawler.

post up or shut up

K_B said:
Pineaple,

...and since they have no lives, they spend every waking hour perusing the pages of rccrawler.com.

Not quite true.

There's another handy feature on the forum called "New Posts"

If you click this button it'll show you the only topics that have had new posts since your last visit.

It's under the "Links" button at the top of the forums.

rckjeep said:
Until we see you build some sh!t like this
abt.sized.jpg

Or crawling like this
acz.sized.jpg

I don't want to hear you talk about building or driving a crawler.

post up or shut up

So if I don't build something like those in the pictures, I can't talk about building and driving my crawler? That makes no sence. Aren't we here to talk about the building and driving of a crawler. Or is it a status quoe thing that in order to be cool I have to be like other people.

So rckjeep don't get your panties in a bunch. I just want to have fun with my crawler. Thats the name of the game.

Pineaple, I don't think you are going to last very long on this site. You are WAY to anal retentive for this crowd.

Ligthen up guys. Just looking to get answers not a whole debate. Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings.

Pineaple said:
So if I don't build something like those in the pictures, I can't talk about building and driving my crawler? That makes no sence. Aren't we here to talk about the building and driving of a crawler. Or is it a status quoe thing that in order to be cool I have to be like other people.

So rckjeep don't get your panties in a bunch. I just want to have fun with my crawler. Thats the name of the game.

It's called sarcasm.

Consider the guys on this forum your big brothers.

They pick on you, give you sh!t, talk smack, etc.

But when you need help or input, they're usually a pretty good bunch.

There's a FAQ that Plays With Toys put together in the Small Scale forum: FAQ:_______ TLT-1______*newb's must read before posting*

Pineaple said:

You can build what ever you want and crawl whatever you want. Heck Dirk crawls over bums, besides I'm going commando :mrgreen:
As long as it doesn't look like this
lg163123dw.jpg

But the time that you've spent on this thread you could have searched and found your really simple answer. That's what's got US giving YOU crap.

Last edited:
Back