• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1979 Ford F-150 Losi SCX10

TexasSP

RCC Addict
I am building this for my sons 5th birthday but have wanted to do this with my LCC axles/trans for a while. It's not completely finished but is running.

LCC Axles
LCC Tranny
SCX10 Chassis
HPI 1979 Ford F150 body
Titanium lower links, delrin/allthread upper links
Mamba Max Pro
Novak 21.5 motor
Axial 8 Hole 1.9 Beadlocks
Proline TSL Tires

This is a basic setup for a five year old. I don't plan too much fancy with it as he will use and abuse at this point. I still have to get the body mounted (velcro, not body clips) and clean up the wiring and what not.

I upgraded to the HD worms and it has aluminum c's and chubs.

I had to grind a little on the steering linkage since the beadlock screws were rubbing on it. I also have some noise in the tranny I suspect is the dig plates. I will probably swap out for a night crawler tranny seeing as this rig doesn't need dig. Steering is nice and tight.

Now for the pictures:

Red is his favorite color not my choice. I think it turned out decent though.

2011-07-28143137.jpg

2011-07-28143208.jpg

2011-07-28143251.jpg

2011-07-28143225.jpg

2011-07-28143149.jpg

Im diggin this body the more I see people build it...been wantin a good old Ford body, now Im gonna have to check one out in person lol
Matt

The more I look at this body the more I like it. My son and I were out the other day driving and this body just looks so damn good. Next to my Proline 1970 Ford this thing just blows it away. I am thinking about buying two more. One to do in red again as a backup for him and another to do a different color and mess with a little bit.

I need to get recent pics up but after I messed with the height and everything it just reminds me so much of trucks I know and grew up around.

Looks great! Could you tell me what the wheelbase of that body is, or what you have yours set at? It is not mentioned anywhere on the sites I have looked. I know they make a crew cab as well that is really long, rumored around 15 inches!:shock: I dig the large wheel openings. many body's have incredibly small ones and makes tire fitment a pain.

Looks really good! The only thing I've noticed is the front wheel wells on this body are reeeally long.

That better to fit the larger tires in. IT what i like about it.
I like how nice the wheel tuck under it. Looks cool.

Yeah, they are big but like Matador said it really helps and in person doesn't seem as noticeable as the pictures show it to be.

Looks great! Could you tell me what the wheelbase of that body is, or what you have yours set at? It is not mentioned anywhere on the sites I have looked. I know they make a crew cab as well that is really long, rumored around 15 inches!:shock: I dig the large wheel openings. many body's have incredibly small ones and makes tire fitment a pain.

I have it set at roughly 12 inches. It could go to 12.5 if needed. I believe the extended cab is 14.5.

Man, I would be the happiest five year old in the world.8)
Nice rig!"thumbsup"

Thanks, he definitely loves it! "thumbsup"

I will also say that having the worms under there is a lot of fun. There are things the worms allow a standard diff setup doesn't. There are drawbacks too but it's nice to have variety.

I also used 3M plastic velcro like stuff for the body mounts to keep it clean. I also think the dig is going to stay as it's kind of fun to have in some places.

Back