• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1965 FJ pickup G6 build

motorbikemike

I finally got a few pics of the 1965 FJ I built for the train robber themed Iron Mountain depot Recon G6 that was held a few weeks ago.

The lighting was not fantastic. It was early AM today with direct sunlight. I prefer to shoot detail shots in overcast because of the even lighting you get. I'll shoot some better pics of it some time later and post a build thread in the scale section. I have no idea when I'll get to it so for now I thought I'd share these.

Its a stock Honcho Chassis weathered and rusted via dry brushing w/ Testors model paints. The body is a cut down Lexan Tamiya Toyota Landi. the front bumper and rear bed are welded steel. The wood planking is cherry hardwood. The wheels are G-made raw steel with black Krylon spray paint, distressed and weathered. The crates are filled with live dynamite. The license plates are aluminum. The interior is fabricated from plywood and cherry. The money bags are handmade and filled with $130,000 worth of double sided printed and hand cut $100.00 dollar bills. (I have no idea why I did that.) Stock motor and electronics. 3 racing winch painted black. I think that's it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 262
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 316
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 306
Pics don't do it justice! I about fell over when checking out the level of detail on this thing."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Back