• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1.9 class 1 tire...

jksquires43

I recently started a new build for my scx10 ii and i chose the proline ram 1500 body. I want to run 1.9s but class 1 (4.19) size tire. I love the looks and performance out of the Pitbull pbx at but its not really an aggressive tire i am looking for more of a tsl bogger/swamper but not RC4WD i hate there tires. Not gonna go into why just don't recommend rc4wd please!!

A couple of things to consider:

1) a smaller tire will have less surface contact area than a larger diameter tire giving it more psi of down force. This in turn may allow you to use a little less aggressive tread and still maintain good traction

2) I also prefer an aggressive (open) tread pattern but it also depends on what areas you typically run on, something you may or may not know for comps

I know you said you didn’t prefer RC4WD and while they are not my favorite the do have some decent tires. Hope some of that helps.

What comp rules are you running under?

A couple of things to consider:

1) a smaller tire will have less surface contact area than a larger diameter tire giving it more psi of down force. This in turn may allow you to use a little less aggressive tread and still maintain good traction

2) I also prefer an aggressive (open) tread pattern but it also depends on what areas you typically run on, something you may or may not know for comps

I know you said you didn’t prefer RC4WD and while they are not my favorite the do have some decent tires. Hope some of that helps.

What comp rules are you running under?

I want a more aggressive pattern just for the looks. I understand that you may not really need it. It’s more so a want.

I mainly run on rock. But pretty much any terrain. Also for the comp rules SORRCA. I don’t really plan to comp if anything I just want 4.19 OD

Yeah the KLR's or Hyrax's are probably the best place to start (especially if you don't like RC4wd tires). Pitbull has their new Ironside 4.19 that just came out as well.

I was waiting for the 4,19 hyrax, but i have waited enough for things i never got this year ( thank you HPI :flipoff: )

So i just put some MT Baja MTZ on

But off course those are "that brand"

-UfFITTeVMyDuWLYIsBntq4kb4Rh99QO8nAQKYb0V1f51cLCYZgl6XPXEyEC3Mtxg6wHS8h0bGNvg55ywadqUqigFlfkbd7KeuCaYodc6zBi2XtVXrI-kAcAKYgabbLT5Y2gsb1aKu3hJcd77R-DG1B-Z4W6te4XKy6qyfhC-pnfS6WXPVb51VtUi4y8D2BhMQfC_EW_AKB0kuWj8owmJUhRdhAcA5_Wf1Scd51t75bhhYhQF0XzgGm3NwF5KmXdwJp1wSnj9cyvUcn1B-JeoF4vpNTQVAl96pHuMv99Sg5mdPS3YHaiCs8KXWOrC0CqV9ej7UIlHGPCm794PnXhDWaqOtMsX78-mTF5jAKtYscEPszGJszysMd8ZZyC8TowxTj3ncQrBB51SObqp8pgH9MevBnY3cPt6JI-K9dL-0S9OJPodIlFpup-9vD4Ri5grDjTA0A71Q43H9xGOvpDdW27oZTIE-blhqXoSiQTwj4RzhrdzbOQp9WRxtax6t6_MKbetEnuUlzw1LMewziZ_YvUWkaJkxhWJgm_XCswgjk1YvxrH7aCE-4gVdJI2jRCVmzX7f986qdyvFwJzFxd7Pn_51Gm2_2yTOVOncMj2g=w832-h624-no

I would like to have tried some of the things others suggest, but those are not easy to get here in Denmark, at least not within a week.

Rip saws. Yes they are over looked and under rated. These tires match your wants and perform very well in the Georgia terrain.

Let’s not excuse the 1.7 MTR. The tire is spot on compared to the 1.9’s exaggerated tread pattern. They would work well on a 1.9 but I opted for a 1.7 wheel and CI 1.5 foams. Really sweet combo.

Let’s not excuse the 1.7 MTR. The tire is spot on compared to the 1.9’s exaggerated tread pattern. They would work well on a 1.9 but I opted for a 1.7 wheel and CI 1.5 foams. Really sweet combo.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. The wide tread spacing on the1.9's bug me. However, the 1.9 version would probably work better. Lol

I have some 1.7's in my rpp cart. "thumbsup"

For a more aggressive option, you could consider 1.55 Rock Beasts on 1.9 wheels. That’s what I did and I was really happy with the look, and they’re supposed to perform great!

c490c2d270e6231a435171b99e056700.jpg

For a more aggressive option, you could consider 1.55 Rock Beasts on 1.9 wheels. That’s what I did and I was really happy with the look, and they’re supposed to perform great!

c490c2d270e6231a435171b99e056700.jpg

Wow! That is it.! I love the look of those tires, i definitely will look at that. How hard is it to stretch 1.55s over the 1.9?

Wow! That is it.! I love the look of those tires, i definitely will look at that. How hard is it to stretch 1.55s over the 1.9?

Wasn’t hard at all. I typically hate the stretched look but these turned out great and the tire didn’t balloon poorly at all.

Wasn’t hard at all. I typically hate the stretched look but these turned out great and the tire didn’t balloon poorly at all.

Very nice, that look great on the 1.9. So what's the diameter after you minted them on the 1.9's? I know they are listed at 3.85 but curious to know where the stand now, they look bigger.

Very nice, that look great on the 1.9. So what's the diameter after you minted them on the 1.9's? I know they are listed at 3.85 but curious to know where the stand now, they look bigger.

I meant to measure them last night but forgot. These tires aren't 3.85" when mounted on 1.55's (closer to 4.05"), so they'll likely be over the 4" mark. I'll try and remember to measure them this evening!

Back