• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1.9 Baja racing tires?

Shinchu

I wanna be Dave
So I'm doing a thing and I need some help finding tires that look like modern Baja racing tires for say, like... A trophy truck?:shock:

Here is the catch though: I want to use 1.9 wheels.
I am considering ko2's but if there is something that looks closer to bfg Baja T/A, that would be amazing.

Pic for example...
20t3xgh.jpg

So I'm doing a thing and I need some help finding tires that look like modern Baja racing tires for say, like... A trophy truck?:shock:

Here is the catch though: I want to use 1.9 wheels.

I am considering ko2's but if there is something that looks closer to bfg Baja T/A, that would be amazing.

Pic for example...

20t3xgh.jpg
A main hobbies has the kr2 tires in 1.9

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The KR2 tires carried by Amain are the wrong tread design. The RC4WD Dune T/A are the exact tread pattern, but are 2.2", with a small overall diameter of 4.45" and a width of 1.73". I ran a set on my TRX-4 during the break-in period, fun tires on hard pack and pavement. I think that they have gone out of production, as neither RC4WD nor RPP Hobbies have a listing for them anymore, but they are still easy to find elsewhere.

I don't think I have seen this tread design in 1.9, it's what Randy Slawson ran in certain races on the Bomber Fabrications KOH rig. For ultimate realism, you could cut-n-shut Pro-line 1.9 sidewalls to the RC4WD tread!

Last edited:
Yeah, you have four wide open circumfrential grooves on those tires. Not a lot of off road tires use that design. All terrain tires are beginning to adopt that feature more as they clear water effectively. It's a cool looking tread. KO2's are a radically different pattern. I dont think it's what you are after, but Pitbull Growlers are an Off Road tire that is very open circumfrencially

Ooooooh those 2.2s are spot on if only in 1.9... But...
Maybe I will nab them (found a set on the bay) since they dont have a huge OD like most 2.2 and I already have wheels to try them on so... Maybe those on 2.2 and a set of ko2 1.9 Will get swapped between.

Durok you are 2 for 2 helping me find stuff today!
Thankya!

I will let everyone in on the build very VERY soon!
Wheels/tires are the last things I need before doing a big reveal and near-real-time assembly! Decided I should do that since my slow truck build has been... Slow lol

Here's what they looked like mounted up front on the Defenestrator - I made budget dual--density foams by wrapping the wheel with closed-cell self-adhesive polyurethane weather-stripping foam and then tucking the stock foams in the remaining gap, worked great:

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_222347.jpg
    IMG_20190105_222347.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_20190105_223017.jpg
    IMG_20190105_223017.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 797
Nice!
Yeah I would need to firm up the foams so they don't fold under themselves during high speed turns.
I don't anticipate mach speeds but I want this sucker to CARVE.

Hpi Mini trophy tires... plenty available on eBay, I just ordered a box of 5 sets, ill sell you a set if you want them...

HtvxnvZ.jpg

oh wow those are them!
i saw yours on your IFS thread and wished i nabbed a set while in production... had no idea those were HPI.

very cool!

plans have changed... slightly. i was going to build a RWD yeti TT with scale baja tires but... i sold the yeti.

BUT!

i have other plans though and still could use a set or... six. i'll keep in touch. thanks!

i uh... i don't know what you're talking about... that rig is ummm i never seen that before?

im just gonna ignore that. yeah. 8)

You are looking for BFG "Projects" (Baja T/A), very similar to RC4WD Dune Trackers. For what its worth, most modern trucks run a BFG KR2 or KR3, Toyo or General, 39" or 40" tall tires. You doing that Outlaw rig or a scratch retro TT?

Didnt want to let the cat out of the bag too early. Gotta get one of these new scaler kits first then gofast maybe for Xmas?

But Yeah... Busted. ;)

Last edited:
You are looking for BFG "Projects" (Baja T/A), very similar to RC4WD Dune Trackers. For what its worth, most modern trucks run a BFG KR2 or KR3, Toyo or General, 39" or 40" tall tires. You doing that Outlaw rig or a scratch retro TT?

They only made the dune tracker in 2.2

Back