• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1.55 Tamiya Subaru Brat build (STRC)

Sweet! If you want to shoot more video with your phone, the Joby Gorilla pod stand works really well. It holds iphones and other phones of similar size. "thumbsup"

I wanna see the brat in action at a comp :mrgreen:

Lol there aren't comps here.....but I know how to do one, so I'll make a course.

Its funny, I was just bragging on how durable this things was, and as I was making that video at the end I broke the front driveshaft and idler gears in the trans Lol. Steel gears and Junfac shafts are on the way!

That looks great! Agreed that the STRC set-up is sweet, my little jeep goes pretty much anywhere. Solid as a rock too.

I just got the gunmetal chassis for a second build as well, but I got black links and front servo mount in mine. Odd.

Lol there aren't comps here.....but I know how to do one, so I'll make a course.

Its funny, I was just bragging on how durable this things was, and as I was making that video at the end I broke the front driveshaft and idler gears in the trans Lol. Steel gears and Junfac shafts are on the way!

Yeah, set up a little course!

Lol - that happened to me a while back (tranny) in my bronco. I opted for HR aluminum gears. So far so good.

I'm starting to feel the same way about my class 1 bronco - it pretty much hangs with any class 2 and is WAY more fun than driving my wraith.

Looking forward to starting my Amigo build so it'll have a class one buddy "thumbsup"

You still need to post up some vids :mrgreen:

Well if you ever want to gtg me t me know. This rig will hang with most class 3s . ima run what ya brung guy anyways.

I'm in San Luis obispo county - my schedule rarely permits me to leave town, but if you find yourself in the area let me know. We usually crawl on Sundays in the afternoon "thumbsup"

Picture-intensive post! Love it! I'm considering getting that STRC short wheelbase kit, to build a custom SCX10 chassis for the toy RC hard bodies I've acquired, over the past few months. It seems like the general consensus is that it's a very sturdy kit, and simply requires some tuning & adjustment, according to the body being mounted. I'm really gettin' antsy to start using these cool bodies, even if it means the truck might not have as good of a climbing ability as the full length chassis. From your pics and telling, though, it seems to do pretty well! I had mostly accepted that the shortened chassis would be more of a trailing truck, anyways, and for showing off the cool, scale, hard bodies. haha...

It has been a very sturdy kit. Links and everything. It can crawl with the best of them, but you have to mirror the trans to prevent torque twist as well as add A LOT of weight to the front. Climbing it does 8/10 things an SCX10 full size does. But it excells at break over angles where a regular truck gets high centered.

Its biggest flaw is descending steep grades so far. It likes to flip off of drop offs and stuff. Not a biggie, that's why I run a higher turn motor on 3S, I jump off of them. Other then that, its rock solid and has way more advantages then disadvantages.

Be prepared to get beef tubes to chock the hubs, otherwise your steerings angle will be horrible due to the pinion angle pitch. So overall, it does require little tweaks, but the trade off is full hard bodies and a much larger line of scale, more detailed bodies. Nothing compares in price or quality to this chassis IMO.

Sounds good!

I've been running STRC items on various RC's for a long time, pretty much since they first came out. I can honestly say I have always been happy with their quality and price. I've never had a issue with anything I've used from them yet.

I have a lot more of their products on my other rigs. No complaints and the price is amazing for what you get.

It has been a very sturdy kit. Links and everything. It can crawl with the best of them, but you have to mirror the trans to prevent torque twist as well as add A LOT of weight to the front. Climbing it does 8/10 things an SCX10 full size does. But it excells at break over angles where a regular truck gets high centered.

Its biggest flaw is descending steep grades so far. It likes to flip off of drop offs and stuff. Not a biggie, that's why I run a higher turn motor on 3S, I jump off of them. Other then that, its rock solid and has way more advantages then disadvantages.

Be prepared to get beef tubes to chock the hubs, otherwise your steerings angle will be horrible due to the pinion angle pitch. So overall, it does require little tweaks, but the trade off is full hard bodies and a much larger line of scale, more detailed bodies. Nothing compares in price or quality to this chassis IMO.

SOLD! I ordered the conversion kit yesterday, as well as some heavy-duty, weighted, alloy beadlock rims, which will improve low cg. I'm sure that once I dig into the building process and start running it, I'll understand the issues with the steering angle you mentioned, as well as chocking the hubs, since I'm still new at this. ;-) Can't wait!

Back