• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

1/10 VW T1 Samba Micro Bus on 3D Printed Chassis and Tamiya Lexan Body Shell

Here is my cylinder controllers using servo and toggle switch, the smoke module using a humidifier vibrating disk, and the reversing alarm module using a servo and limit switch to activate a intermittent piezo alarm.

Your work here is absolutely mind-blowing! Are you a designer/engineer for a profession?

Your work here is absolutely mind-blowing! Are you a designer/engineer for a profession?
yes sir, worked in the oil & gas then shifted to Power Plant engineering from '17, I got trained to use CAD software in 98 and taught myself 3D modeling, and continued doing it as of today, purely just for hobby purposes and never for business.... im scared that when i start to turn my hobby into a business, i would loose that passion... so my builds are all prototypes... never made a copy of anything at anytime.

Last edited:
neat project, can you share of the chassis?
Hi Cooper_xl.... this is the chassis on that VW bus build...

it runs and drives still but its still sad to see it that way last time i really drove it was 500 mile trip through the sierras with my dirt bike in the back then parked it had some major heath issues come up and lived in it for a few years till i recovered for the most part but never got well enuff to give it the love it deserves
i still have hope i can restore it for my kid
pls. make that bus run and drive again... it is sad to see it that way...

can you share your printer set up and do you have these files shared anywhere? these are some amazing builds. I have done some small-scale stuff and I just got a new Bambu Labs X1 that I would love to do one of these on.

Yeah sure, you can start printing the chassis, scroll up a little bit and there is the link to the cults3d post where you can download the stl files and have them converted to gcode and then print them on PLA. there are connection blocks for the chassis so you can set the wheel base, there is one connection block for a 235mm wheelbase closely matching that of the Tamiya T1 samba bus lexan body that i used for this build (239mm). There are parts to buy though and they are listed in this build log...
the parts that i had to design myself such as the interiors, floor boards, seats, cabinet, dash, and the exteriors such as the rack, bumpers, etc still have to be sorted out, give me time to look at the files and when im done i can send them to you.

Back