• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1 /10 Rock Rey Discontinued

SteveB1

Quarry Creeper
Just noticed either it's removed from most websites or shows discontinued. Maybe a new version in the works?

s

I hope so. But isn’t it a bit redundant, given that they have the Lasernut for U4RC, not to mention all of axial’s offerings under the broader Horizon company?

I’m curious how they’d address the issues with the platform in a V2: they’d probably want to make it easier to maintain, for one thing, with a hinged body. Personally I’d like them to fix the balance issues, that’s the thing I can’t seem to fix in my rock Rey. It can’t stay upright on grass no matter what I do.

I would argue that the Rock Rey and Lasernut are substantially different in overall design and layout, and I don't see the Lasernut replacing the Rock Rey's spot.

I would love some updates that make the cage easier to remove and a battery installed from the top.

I'm very much liking my Lasernut after making some reasonable mods. It doesn't seem to need the same money investment like the Rock Rey to make run well.

https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/lasernut-u4.html

s

Back