• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1/1/ Losi on the way...how to equip it?

boosst

My losi should be here monday and i ordered the DX3R. what are you guys going to use for servos(steering/dig), ESC, motor, and lipo? i know everyone will be different but i am new to crawlers and dont want to have to buy twice right off the bat.
i was leaning towards the mamba max..?
what motor and pinion?
3s lipo but what mah?
what servos?
my local hobby shop doesn't carry much of anything so i will have to order and i wanted to get this all here about the same time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:Sorry,i screwed up the title...damn newbies!

I am going to run a Losi Xceleron 17.5T sensored brushless with a 14-16T pinion and ESC combo, JR8711 steering servo, and Losi mini servo for the dig. Batteries I have not yet decided, it will either be 4S Lipo or 4S A123 packs, just depends how much room I have to work with.

Mine should be here soon also - here's what I will be using

motor - HH handwound 45T
ESC - Tekin FXR
CC bec
JR 9100 steering servo
Hitech 225 dig servo
DX3R, 3100rx
Losi 3cell 1350 lipo

I have 15,16 &18 tooth pinions - one should be right - I'll let everyone know after I get it put together. Good luck with yours

ok, here is what i have ended up with so far.
Losi 1/10
DX3R
3100 rx
Mamba Max ESC
Integy 35t w/ 13t
CC BEC
JR 8711 w/ metal servo arm
HT 225mg w/ metal servo arm
Still need some 3s lipos but not sure what will fit yet....?

Hopefully I can track a comp crawler down today (none of the local shops have received any yet.)

Then I am going to rob everything from my SCX until I can scrounge the parts I want.

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
TQ3 (going to mod with a 3rd on/off switch so I don't accidentally dig when I don't want to)
3s lipo

Want to keep my costs down until I learn how to drive and know what I need as upgrades. I think this setup should still be competetive."thumbsup"

Hobby shop in Cameron Park just got in 3 a hour ago.

Hopefully I can track a comp crawler down today (none of the local shops have received any yet.)

Then I am going to rob everything from my SCX until I can scrounge the parts I want.

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
TQ3 (going to mod with a 3rd on/off switch so I don't accidentally dig when I don't want to)
3s lipo

Want to keep my costs down until I learn how to drive and know what I need as upgrades. I think this setup should still be competetive."thumbsup"

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
3s lipo

Hobby shop in Cameron Park just got in 3 a hour ago.

Rocklin, CA Hobbytown just called me and said they had 7, well they "had" 8, but you have to subtract mine:flipoff:

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
3s lipo

You might not want to use a 3s lipo with your rooster combo, it can only handle 2s.

I am going to run a Losi Xceleron 17.5T sensored brushless with a 14-16T pinion and ESC combo, JR8711 steering servo, and Losi mini servo for the dig. Batteries I have not yet decided, it will either be 4S Lipo or 4S A123 packs, just depends how much room I have to work with.

I thought I read back on page like 60 of the other post that Xcelerons don't have instant forward to reverse. Is this true? I've been so tossed on what to run. I want a 3s but the goat only does 2 and the Losi has no instant F/R Oh almost forgot #479 serial number

Back