• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

yeti xl servo upgrade

clydsgoat 2

hello. im looking to upgrade the steering servo on my yeti xl..and i have noticed that different servos run on different volts how do you adjust these voltages ? and any good servo suggestions ?

I just ordered a

Standard WR-7701 Waterproof "Mega Torque" High Voltage Brushless Servo

From amain because they had 10% off for Easter.

In order to change that voltage you need to install a BEC. Get a CC BEC.

ok thanks .. so far i love the yeti xl ..just doesn't turn great ..im going to upgrade the links too.im doing a custom air brush paint job on the rtr body. and some proline 3.8 super swampers ..lol broke a wheel fence jumping on the first run..

In order to change that voltage you need to install a BEC. Get a CC BEC.

Just installing the CC BEC will not allow you to get the full advantage of this servo or any HV servo without this Castle Creations Castle Link Programming Kit to change the voltage.

I never thought i would write this but 1st use this:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/288615-how-use-search-button.html

Then read this http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/411201-yes-you-need-external-bec.html

thanks for the help ...im a newbie to electric ,been a nitro guy for years ,,
im really liking elec so much less work to have some bashing fun..
ill post some pics as soon as i figure out how to..thanks again..

I went with a ProTek 170T. 630oz of torque at 7.4v. Turns those big tires with ease. Drops right in, no mods needed.

Back