• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

YETI Jr. Light add help

SO I picked up a super clean Yeti Jr for my son. I got some LEDs to add to it but once we recieved it and looked under the hood we realize the ESC and receiver are one in the same. Is there an easy way to run a couple LEDs on this? Thank you

I cant seem to find any pics of the receiver end of this ESC/receiver, Is there a spare spot to plug into? If so that should supply 5v-6v.

Are they 12v or 6v LEDs?

If they're 12v you could run it off the 2S battery by adding an adapter between the battery and ESC battery connector that includes an addition lead for the lights. I doubt you'll find one ready made, its likely you'll have to make it yourself. That plug looks like it may be a PH 2.0 maybe (?). 8.4v should be okay with most 12v LEDs but for 6v LEDs that may be pushing it.

That looks to have only one spot to plug the servo in. I think an adapter might be the only way if you're keeping the ESC/receiver.

Unfortunately, if you're going to run the stock electronics, you'll need a "Y-harness" so you can plug your servo and light in.

But, the Mamba Micro X ESC + Holmes Hobbies 380 motor is a great combo. That combo will require you to upgrade the entire drivetrain and buy a new radio / receiver combo as well.

So maybe just the "Y-harness" for now, unless you're jonesing to drop another $400ish into that little Yeti Jr.

Good Idea Fallen! Using a Y adapter off the servo plug is an odd way to do it but probably totally fine for the little Yeti jr.

Back