• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

xv-02 dreams

bvrc

Rock Crawler
What are your thoughts on an xv-02? If you were Tamiya what would you change? And do you think we'll actually see those changes in the future?

Probably just a less complicated gear box and steering assembly. Maybe something similar to what the Czech guys came up with, with the dual metal plates for the chassis.

And an easier way to put the battery in and out. That is about as good as you could get I think.

I wish those 4 little tiny diff tap screws didn't exist. I end up stripping them all the time... A different design there would be so nice. I have no idea how you'd seal a diff without small screws like that, but if there was some other way,,, that'd be awesome.

I don't mind the current battery situation too much... I like the fact that I don't have to pull the body off. 2 screws instead of 4 pins...

Yeah, a bolt-on steering enclosure would be amazing.

btw, I want to see how the steering is setup on the monkeyracing xv-01 chassis....

I don't mind the current battery situation too much... I like the fact that I don't have to pull the body off. 2 screws instead of 4 pins...

Yeah the two screws isn't bad considering it could be 4 body pins, an under body then two more body pins for a hold down strap. My only qualm with the battery location is it gets pretty gross after muddy track days. But overall I think it is probably one of the best options for a rally car.

Probably just a less complicated gear box and steering assembly. Maybe something similar to what the Czech guys came up with, with the dual metal plates for the chassis.

Do you have a picture or link of that?? I´m curious!

Regarding a dream xv-02, I think IMO it would be just like the current XV-01 after all the official fixes (long dampers, higher suspension mounts), but also a new main chassis part for short lipos, where the battery storage box is located in the middle of the chassis. I would also like to have a limited slip center differential or some way to adjust F:R torque split.

tamiya_ff03_upgrade.jpg

Here's the MR design... They posted this image on their FB page.

Attachments

• MR xv-01 chassis.jpg
    MR xv-01 chassis.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 4,448
These are pictures of the upcoming Tamiya FF-04. The FF chassis line is FWD, so this is a FWD car. But I figured it's worth showing here... I see a good bit of xv-01 in there...

Attachments

• FF-013.jpeg
    FF-013.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 2,847
  • FF-012.jpeg
    FF-012.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 3,018
  • FF-01 .jpeg
    FF-01 .jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 3,608
Sweet....

From Tamiyablog:

We are proud to announce our second modern era rally chassis kit platform, the all-new XV-02 Pro chassis kit! The XV-01 Pro incorporated a 4WD belt drive system with clever positioning of the RC electronic components with debris protection compartments. The all-new XV-02 Pro takes its 4WD drivetrain into a different direction by using a shaft-driven system with front mid-ship motor placement that incorporates equal length front and rear propeller shafts!

XV-02 chassis at a glance:
• Comes with two 39T differential gears and one 40T differential gear for adjustment of front and rear drive balance.
• Use 39T gear (w/15T gear) on the front and 40T gear (w/15T gear) on the rear for drive balance bias to front and vice-versa for drive balance bias to rear.
• Features newly-designed parts such as gears, bathtub frame chassis, chassis cover, caster blocks featuring the 6-degree caster angle (XV-01 chassis: 10-degree caster angle), and bumpers with skid angles to reduce surface contact.
• The motor mount, propeller shafts, input and center shafts, and urethane bumpers have new metal parts.
• It features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center-left for optimum balance.
• Long aluminum dampers are employed at front and rear.
• A polycarbonate chassis cover with wheel well liners help prevent dirt and dust from getting inside.
• Suspension arms and front uprights are based upon the XV-01 chassis kit.
• Comes with rally block tires and wheels.

Definitely getting this one! Love my XV01 and looking forward to something different to add to my collection. Belt drive to shaft drive reminds me of DB01 to DB02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back