• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Xr10 axle - complete part list

merin_83

Hello guys, Well am pretty new to crawling, and have a RS10, even with some available parts, it cant go much further, so i decided to change to axle to a XR10 axle, i guess its discontinued, but still i see parts for XR10, so i guess only way is to build front/rear axle with parts, but i dont know what all to get? and and a store where there are many XR10 parts. Can any one help me with the complete list ? (as of now i only know axle housing, gear box, gear set hex hubs, shafts... :x newbie )please help

thanks,
merin

Check the for sale section! And as mentions above u can download the xr10 manual on axial website that will give a breakdown of everything!

thank you guys, i need to collect a list from that manual, and is this a good choice? or are there any other MOA axles readily available? am on budget side :D

thank you guys, i need to collect a list from that manual, and is this a good choice? or are there any other MOA axles readily available? am on budget side :D
The parts list gets you started, but with stock parts. When ordering, you may want to substitute some parts like a RC4WD gear set, maybe a Axial HD motor plate, etc.
Read the stickies here to see what is recommended to replace if you are going to buy a "parts list".

Bully axles are another option, very rugged, but tougher to make links work & they are a narrow track width. Sorta depends on what you want the rig to do.

Buying a used set of axles may be cheaper in the long run.8)

You will have an easier time hunting a complete set. Find a stock set and pick them up. It's going to be more costly to piece them together the way you are talking.

You will have an easier time hunting a complete set. Find a stock set and pick them up. It's going to be more costly to piece them together the way you are talking.

Yep. Deff agree with that!!
Buy a set already upgraded!!
And do your research and make sure you get/do the right upgrades from the beginning...!!
I've personally built a set from the ground up buying the pieces individually.. So again. My advise as well as many others will agree and have already said.. Buy a set already assembled !
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Another note as well. The VP bling is just that. "Bling". Not everything they offer for these axles is needed. Chubs, knucks, lockouts and motor plates is all that is neccessary IMO.

i dont want a very high end rig, but want one on budget side, i may just upgrade the basic parts like gear sets, etc... and one more question i dont find a sales section in our forum ? i just see classifieds, but in that only a feedback thread is there ? i know am looking at a wrong place pls guide me ...

i dont want a very high end rig, but want one on budget side, i may just upgrade the basic parts like gear sets, etc... and one more question i dont find a sales section in our forum ? i just see classifieds, but in that only a feedback thread is there ? i know am looking at a wrong place pls guide me ...
You need to be on here 30 days+ and have 30+ worthwhile posts to see the "classifieds".
Or, "buy a star".

By the time you buy all the parts( even stock) to build both front and rear you can find a good used set on here...
New front axle shafts are roughly $40
Rear axle shafts are roughly $20
Axle cases front and rear $ 20-25 for both
Link mounts front and rear prob $10-15
Stock chubs $ 5-7
Stock straight axle adaptor $5-7
All Bearings $10-20
Rear axle plate $8-10
Front servo mount $8-10

And I'm sure I'm missing a few things that's just what I've came up with off the top of my head... Prices may vary but that's a good idea in the ballpark for all new stock parts.. That's almost $150 right there and that's not even including gears... That's another $80 if you go with rc4wd gears. & thats NOT including trans cases & motor plates or knuckles... Just trying to help ya out... I tried the whole " build it piece by piece " before.... FAIL... Lol

My $.02 are look into buying a built set already or if your lucky enough to stumble upon a xr10 kit floating around.. Or check forsale section.. Seen a couple xr10 rollers recently...I have one as a matter of fact I'm fixing to list soon for a good price!

Good luck on whatever you decided to do!
Just trying to help a fellow member out an give my opinion.

Back