• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

wrecked stock motor | new one

le varan

Pebble Pounder
Hi guys,

I know there is been many threads on what is the best motor for our rig.
I've just wrecked mine, I've change a while ago the front bearing because it had a lot of play by a cheap one : that was my mistake :cry:.
it blew up in the motor, wrecked the rotor and damaged the stator.

I've got several thoughts, what brand an reference, how much kv ?

holmes hobbies :

• PULLER PRO BL 540 STANDARD
  • PULLER PRO BL 540 STUBBY
  • PULLER PRO BL 540 XL

Tekin :
  • PRO4
  • PRO4HD

Catle Creations

I'm running 3S lipos and got a robinson 64 spur, for the pinion no problem, I' ve got plenty ! :mrgreen: and a Mamba Max Pro ESC

Your help would be really appriciated, I'm lost § :shock: :oops::oops::oops:

thanks
LV

Last edited:
What ESC are you using? The stock one?

The stock ESC is manufactured by Castle Creations for Axial.

The stock motor is sensorless and 2200kv.

The stock ESC should not be used with a higher than 2900kv motor on 3S per the manual.

Also, you'll need to stick to sensorless motors such as those from Castle.

The Holmes Hobbies motors are sensored, as are the Tekins.

Here's Castle's link for a long-can 2400kv that should work fine:

Castle Creations | Neu-Castle 1415 Motor

It should be a bit quicker on the top-end than your previous motor.

There are many other sensorless motors from other manufacturers available, many of them for less money.

Hope this helped!

Hi,
I'm running Mamba Max Pro. The stock motor is a 3150KV.
I upgraded my thread

Envoyé de mon LG-D855 en utilisant Tapatalk

What are you doing mostly with your yeti high speed or trail/crawl?
If trail/crawl than a sensored system would be better, on high speed it's not so important.

the hh 540xl 3500kv is like buiild for the yeti of his specs, you can get it water proofed and it's sensored "thumbsup"
i think the standard will be also ok, but the stubby i think isn't - the yeti is too heavy.
there are a lot combos out there, in different price levels.

I'm running currently MMX with neu castle 1410 3800kv 5mm with 64/19 on 3s. In combination with the 2 speed trans, it gives me the possibility for high speed (2.):twisted: and lower crawl/trail speed (1.)8).
So far i'm happy with this setup.:mrgreen:

What are you doing mostly with your yeti high speed or trail/crawl?
If trail/crawl than a sensored system would be better, on high speed it's not so important.

the hh 540xl 3500kv is like buiild for the yeti of his specs, you can get it water proofed and it's sensored "thumbsup"
i think the standard will be also ok, but the stubby i think isn't - the yeti is too heavy.
there are a lot combos out there, in different price levels.

I'm running currently MMX with neu castle 1410 3800kv 5mm with 64/19 on 3s. In combination with the 2 speed trans, it gives me the possibility for high speed (2.):twisted: and lower crawl/trail speed (1.)8).
So far i'm happy with this setup.:mrgreen:

I'm more on speed. I've also got the SSD 2 speed trany.
LV

The only motor that I have personal experience with is the Pro 4 HD 3500Kv

I have it sensored with a Mamba X ESC and I have never had a hiccup with it. I run it in snow all winter and wash the snow off in the shower, and I have run it submerged a few (3-7) seconds at a time in the streams in the summer. I have had them since October of last year.

It also preformed very well with my RX8 Gen 2 ESC.

I too run the 2 speed set up. I believe at the moment I am running a 17 pinion and a 60 spur. The motor's normal running temps are between 70 and 120 degrees.

I also hear nothing but great stuff about the HH pullers.

PS my GPS'd top speed is 34mph.

Back