• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wraith with 2pd Yeti Tranny???

I have searched and searched for this combo. I Cant find out if its been done. I think it would be awesome to Crawl and Rock race with one truck. "thumbsup" My thinking out of the box good or ??? Need input......

Has anyone done this Conversion?

I'd bet money that this is coming from Axial soon. I'd also bet that when it does happen is when the 2 speed parts will be released.

I'm just not a fan of rc4wd, there not known for build quality r2 tranny notorious problems. Bead locks cutting tires. also the yota branded crawler with diff's with wrong diff mounts. There passenger side diff's are passenger side. I went order a yoga rtr's, they me to pay 70.00 shipping because they don't stock them. They have you pay for shipping from Asia. Sorry for ranting.

This is what you need to buy. Even if the yeti 2 speed was available, the mount points are different and its quite a bit larger. Not worth the trouble IMO.

That AX2 is a great trans though. Holds up to quite a bit of abuse.
In my thinking for swapping was to combine the yeti mount to the wraith trans mount to the tranny to work.

The design of the tranny would make it hard. The front output is way back, due to the fact that it mates up to a solid mounted front drive shaft. Would be easy to overcome with an IFS wraith, but the front shaft moving up and down is going to occupy the same space as the skid.

axial_yeti_transmission_353A0705-XL.jpg

Do they have a huge square of plastic holding the bottom of the truck together?

You would need to cut a slot in the skid, not sure what that would do for strength.

Do they have a huge square of plastic holding the bottom of the truck together?

You would need to cut a slot in the skid, not sure what that would do for strength.

Pending which cage was run, there's ways around that. "thumbsup"

how about wraith skid plate on the scx10 frame rails i may attempt just that waiting for parts......with ARC60 front scx10 rear diff.....with yeti trans.....and Foff..."thumbsup" it's a secret.....

Back