• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wraith Steering Problems

Slider24

I was driving my first generation Wraith and rolled it (no worse than usual). Now it won't turn right while the front wheels are on the ground. It turns right fine though. It has the stock Axial AS-2 steering servo. Is there something I can do to fix it? Or should I just buy a new one? Thank you.

If you're lucky it might just be the servo horn. Pull it off and see if the servo turns lock to lock on it's own. If the teeth inside the servo horn are stripped you just need to replace that, otherwise you'll need a new servo.

I already have an aluminum horn and the teeth on both the horn and servo are fine. It tries to turn but acts like something is blocking it.

The gearing inside the servo was stripped out. Any suggestions on what servo I should get. P.S. Im on a budget.

What's your budget? I run Hitec servos but some can be expensive.. The servo is one item you should not skimp on.. But I'm sure the guys know of some cheaper reliable replacements..

The most I can spend would be about $50. Are there any good servos in that range? Or should I save up for a while for something better?

The most I can spend would be about $50. Are there any good servos in that range? Or should I save up for a while for something better?

I would say save, you are looking at,at least $100.. You can buy use, but you are taking a chance.. Not to mention warranty.. Imo the servo is the most important item on a crawler

$100.00 will get you sometrhing that should last along time. You can go Bluebird, Promodeler, Hitec, Holmes, Savox. They all have excellent servos for $100. Save a little more and cry once. "thumbsup"

I think I'm gonna go with the Promodeler 420v3. It seems like it would give me the most bang for my buck.

Back