• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wraith or RR10 Bomber kit?

Hi all. After about a year hiatus I'm getting back into RC crawling and scaling. At the moment I'm overhauling my SCX10 kit I built about 2 years ago, so I'm not really "new" to crawling or building kits, as I've been into RC in general for the past 6 years. Now here's my question, should I build an RR10 Bomber or a Wraith Spawn kit? I won't buy an RTR. I just want an overall more capable rig over my SCX. I plan on trailing and crawling with my next build and it won't be seeing much high speed stuff.

I'd go with the Bomber kit, it has quite a few more upgrades than the Spawn kit, and personally I think it's a better looking rig.

I like the way the spawn looks but the Bomber does look like a tougher kit out of the box. Now the question is use the Novak esc I have and buy a Novak motor for it or sell it for a Tekin system.

Novak closed down, so there's that. I run Holmes Hobbies combos in my rigs and am unlikely to change for the foreseeable future, at least for motors.

I vote Bomber kit too. Simply put, it has a much better designed chassis with more suspension tuning options. I love the way the Spawn looks and prefer the Wraith transmission but the Bomber still wins with an overall design and performance advantage. If you're a big tinkerer I'd suggest just buying a Bomber chassis then going from there. Build your own axles, run DMG's Wraith trans adapter plate, choose your own wheel, foam, tire combo, etc. You'll have a much better rig in the end and the satisfaction of building it with superior parts and much more customized to your exact purposes.

You'll end up with both. I think the Bomber is the better kit but its kind of a shame to slow one down and move weight forward for crawling since it feels so at home in the air.

Novak went out of business? Good....I've had a brushed Rock Star 35T and a brushless Ballistic 18.5t both go out on me. Oh. And one of their Goat esc's. None of that was really on me. I just said I'd use the Timbuk2 esc since I had it. Looks like I'm selling it for a Tekin setup!

I have a Bomber and love it. I had to wait a while for the 2speed but it was worth it. Have Tekin motor and Castle Momba Pro. Did a custom aluminum body and all the standard axle upgrades, alum. lockouts, knuckles, chubs etc. The best investment was the universals and Super swamper tires. The thing crawls like a cat. The universals help a lot in turning Thinking about putting on Verterra rear links to shorten it slightly so it will break over better. I did lower it some because it is somewhat top heavy. The one advantage of the Wraith transmission is the DIG option. It will bolt in to the wraith pretty easy. I haven't done it but have heard the skid plates are interchangable. If you go with Tekin products I think you will be happy.

Had both, sold off the Wraith. The Bomber is a better design all over, except the transmission. The cure? DMG adapter plates and a Wraith transmission.

Bomber for sure. I have one on the way. Just love the looks and looking forward to the performance. I've had 1 wraith in the past. Great and solid rig but ready for something mimicking a 1/1

I have both and recommend you get both!!! That way you can enjoy 2 awesome units!!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back