• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

wraith 2 speed

02DakotaRT

I'm looking in to getting a 2 speed trans for my wraith. I'm sure there's a thread answering my questions but I can't seem to find it. But basically my questions are, are both "gears" adjustable? Like could I gear down the first gear extremely low for crawling and the other really high for speed or is it non adjustable ? Also would a dx3c work okay with it? I've heard some say it wouldn't but I can't see why.

My answer isn't there. I guess what I'm asking is, are the INTERNAL gears interchangeable. It looks like changing the spur and pinion would affect both speeds.

I have the AX2 in my SCX10 and as far as I known you can't change the internal gears. The spur and pinion that came with mine is perfect, great low end torque and second gear tears it up. Look at the gear ratio's. 1st Gear Ratio = 5.05:1
2nd Gear Ratio = 1.78:1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj_uEbKtZyY Turn down your volume.

Also don't forget you will need a 3 channel radio.

Last edited:
You should be able to change the spur gear, should use Kimbrough gears like the stock transmission does, and then theirs the 3 different choices for the gears in the axles, the pin and ring gears. Those gearing options should make up for the fact that the internal gears can't be changed (teeth wise)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Back