• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wpl Kei crawler questions

dusty husky

Pebble Pounder
Thinking about building a Kei crawler like chino63s. Wondering if anyone has much knowledge about these? I want to order a wpl d12 Suzuki carryall and a wpl c44km kit and merge the kits. Its hard to find the actual track width and wheel base of the kits. Seems like they share the same size platforms, even though one is 16th & one is 10th. Asiatees had the d12 for 30$ and banggood has the c44 for 60$. Seems like a cool cheap project. https://www.asiatees.com/display?WP...pgrades&brand=WPL&model=C44KM&id=179967&pid=1
https://www.wpl-rc.com/products/d-12

Last edited:
I'm doing exactly that right now. Would have liked to have it done by now but my package got hung up in the USPS for over a month. :cry:

After reviews and videos, I wanted a WPL metal kit. Didn't feel like upgrading tons of parts only to have to wait another month to get them from half way around the world.

I apparently got some "not all that accurate" information on the wheel base of the WPL CM44KM from Bangood's site. The wheelbase of the CM44KM is too long. No biggie as I just got some 4/40 treaded rod and some tubing and I'm going to make my own custom rear links. I plan on raising the 2spd trans to get more ground clearance so I most likely am going to need different drive shafts.

I was originally going to do a cantilever rear suspension so I could get the body a little lower but based on the up travel need to get decent flex, I'm going to go with modified 68mm oil filed shocks mounted normally.

According to Edward at WPL (Super nice, super helpful guy by the way), the C14/C24 is more appropriate wheel base.

i tryed to pick one up from asia tees about a month ago but shipping was like $50 so i passed on it

Damn, I’m lucky if I get under $100 for shipping a new rig to me. My SCX10 ii was right at $100, and before that I was into the Losi LMT, and it was almost $170ish shipping. If I see $50, SOLD!

Damn, I’m lucky if I get under $100 for shipping a new rig to me. My SCX10 ii was right at $100, and before that I was into the Losi LMT, and it was almost $170ish shipping. If I see $50, SOLD!

well you dont shop vary well ive never payed that much for shipping even my yeti xl was around $40 to ship from the other side of the ciuntry i have a stash of 1/6 and 1/8 scale hard bodys there usualy around 25-30 for shipping so being charged 170 for shipping i would consider that a rip off and would have moved on to a site that offers free shipping
considering the other sites only wanted $50 with free shipping i would say it was not a good deal for anyreason and i dont need another build on the shelf for 3 years and i have a mann truck thats almost the same basic thing that im already colecting parts for

you dont shop vary well ive never payed that much for shipping even my yeti xl was around $40 to ship from the other side of the country i have a stash of 1/6 and 1/8 scale hard bodys there usualy around 25-30 for shipping so being charged 170 for shipping i would consider that a rip off and would have moved on to a site that offers free shipping

heck when i was in shipping and reciving we could send a packadge anywere in the world for less than $100 and there way bigger and heavyer than a rc

any company that sells alot online will have some kind of volume discount on shipping

SLN is located in Hawaii. Nothing gets shipped there for cheap. That's usually why most "free shipping" exclusions list Hawaii and Alaska.

I was about to say the exact same thing, lol. Thanks for reading my mind.

Ferp420- shipping was so expensive on the LMT because I threw in a Spektrum SMART battery to get all those features. Lipo batteries are insane to get shipped here-it’s either next to impossible or very very pricey. Also, don’t know if it would effect it, but the LMT hadn’t even came out yet, so maybe that’s why? I did get free shipping on small stuff through USPS, but when it comes to either Lipos or a new rig, it’s always FedEx and I’ve seen up in the $200s [emoji15]

Oddly, I just came across this video today while searching for some upgrade info on the Q65.

Hope this helps or at least gets you in the right direction.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p1qm7TLFUcQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back