• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

WPL c14 electronics upgrade help

patz75

I'm fairly new to this hobby. I just got the C14 and turns out its the old version with non-proportional steering so that gave me a reason to do some upgrading.

Can you guys post some pics of your electronics wiring/setup?

I just ordered the 370 2 speed, a DumboRC X6F, 30a esc, and 17g mini servo.

I guess its not just plug and play....i'm guessing i have to order some 3pin connectors for the battery and motor to connect to the receiver?

Hope i'm not getting over my head with the complexity of this build :???:

Thanks in advance!

I’m making some progress. Is my ESC bad if I plug in the motor and it is continuously running?

I have the WPL 15A esc in my C24 and I was caught out by something similar until I remembered that it was mentioned on the store page that it can happen if you don't plug the receiver in too. Would be bad news if I had it all built and sitting on the bench at that point!

That's the first ESC I've seen that happen with though, if you're using a cheapie 30A red ESC that you see all over the place then as above I'd be checking your throttle trim on the Dumbo transmitter, and play with the throttle to see if it changes the speed / stops / reverses when pushing the throttle forward.

EDIT: just realised this is a necro'd thread, whoops, what a way to spend my first post!

Back