• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wolf Rock Cave

Col_Sanders

RCC Addict
Subscribed Member
Driving home from work on the backroads I saw a sign for Wolf Rock Cave so I figured I'd check it out and see if it would be a decent crawler spot. It is just a little south of Ft Polk and a couple miles off LA-10 on a forestry road. There are multiple creek crossings and trails, along with the cave, some hills, and rock faces. I have not fully explored it because I didnt have a whole lot of time. It looked like the walking trail was pretty long and there were several logs and such to cross. The weather for the rest of the week looks like crap so I'm not sure if I'll make it out there for a few more days.

I crawled a little way into the cave (basically duck walked about 30 feet) but it was cold and wet and since I was in my work clothes I stopped before I had to try to run away from some rabid raccoon or man eating possum. :ror:

The ground was densely covered in leaves and twigs so the hills were slick. The stock Ripsaws on my SCX10 were not doing very well on that and I busted my ass a couple times. :lmao: I'm not sure if they will do a controlled burn in that area but it could use it. That, or I may take a rake out there next time.

Back