• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Whoop scissors

Afterbang

Pebble Pounder
I got my whoop siccors today. I'm in the middle of rebuilding an scx10.ii
I've got an scx10 and a scx10.2. I've got both trans, both are the 2 bolt trans. I'm still kinda new, and am not quite sure what to use.
The scx trans with3 the gear I think, the other has the xcase attached. I'll post pictures if I can figure it out.
My real question is, is one better for crawling?
That's mostly what I do, or do you guys think one would be better got a basher Whoop eater?

The 3 gear trans puts the motor farther back where the kit tranny puts the motor slightly farther forward. A forward bias is better/more preferred for crawling.

I'm assuming the question about whats better for crawling is getting at what tranny you should you keep in your actual crawler and which should go in the one which wont be able to crawl anymore. I say that because the scissor kit eliminates FWD and leaves you with a 2WD rig. I have a 2WD rig and it can hardly get up a slight incline. The forward weigh bias of a crawler really hurts a 2WD rig, you basically get no traction.

The Scissor kit would be best served on a go fast as thats all it will be able to do really.

BTW to post pics you need to use an image hosting site, then paste in the image link.

Last edited:
Back