• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Which Element Builders kit?

Stomp

Quarry Creeper
I would like to build the Ecto but there is no option for that.

There seems to be a Gatekeeper kit, which is maybe the same frame, just include the cage, there is the Element RC Enduro Sendero 1/10 Rock Crawler Builders Kit, and the Element RC Enduro Trail Truck 1/10 Rock Crawler Builders Kit 2.

I have a Veterra Ascender and TRX4 Sport, both built from parts kits. I am less concern with scale for the Ecto type build, and will be concerned with performance.

Not sure what to do though. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you want the Ecto, all you have to do is build the Gatekeeper kit and then buy the Ecto body and the body posts. Overall, it's a very good kit.

If you do the Builder's Kit 2, you'll need to get the parts to convert it to trailing arms in the rear (the arms themselves, the rear shock towers, sway bar, and mounts for the trailing arms), and get the sliders (Element calls them floorboards) for the Gatekeeper/Ecto. Either way will get you there, but the Gatekeeper kit is a bit simpler.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Which option would build the best dedicated crawler? Thanks!

Not sure there is a remarkable advantage to either. The Gatekeeper suspension is neat but for a crawler I would go V3 and slap whatever body on it. Trailing arm suspension makes me want to Volt it Up and air it out.

the gatekeeper has a slightly longer WB, so turn radius might be slightly larger

I think he means the V2; probably a typo. Like Smog, if I were going for a dedicated crawler, I'd go for the V2 kit as well. The shorter wheelbase is also less likely to get high centered. The Enduro is a great platform. You have loads of options, and changing the setup takes little effort.

After going through 3 Enduros, if I were building one again today that would be exclusively for crawling, I'd start with the V2 kit.

Back