• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wheels not spinning when climbing

It was climbing just fine but now when I try to climb or basically any resistance the wheels won't turn. I don't hear any clicking, or any sound that might indicate that the gear teeth have broken off. Could it some how got its mesh messed up? I checked the drive shafts and they are firmly in place. Checked the front and back diffs they seem fine.

Can you turn the wheels/driveshafts/spur gear by hand? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your description. However you can check your slipper easily by holding truck in place, flooring it, and observe the pinion turn the spur gear. No?

Last edited:
Something else to look at is motor temps when they get hot they get spongie feeling
Get the motor hot enuff long enuff the magnets loose there strength and would cause the motor to loose torque it's posable it lost enuff strength to no longer climb
But I would look at the slipper and maybe a loose pinion gear but that usually makes noise
At least it's all in one place lol so it's all easy to check at the same time

It was climbing just fine but now when I try to climb or basically any resistance the wheels won't turn. I don't hear any clicking, or any sound that might indicate that the gear teeth have broken off. Could it some how got its mesh messed up? I checked the drive shafts and they are firmly in place. Checked the front and back diffs they seem fine.

First guess would be the slipper clutch….BUT:

Don’t you think it might help mentioning what car you have? ;-)

Back