• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Whats the best RC magazine to subscribe to?

Whats a magazine :lmao:

Those things that you see in the dentist's waiting room... You know... latest issue from March 2007.

I used to like RC Car Action and Xtreme RC but that was back in my nitro days. Dunno how magazines are now days but the one thing that I hated was the amount of advertisements. The helpful or interesting content just wasn't worth the subscription price and sure as hell not worth the news-stand price... SO many ads.

RC Car Action is the last print magazine left. RC Driver was my favorite, but that magazine folded about a year ago, and is an online-only website/youtube channel now.

Absolutely none! They are just giant advertisements filled with fud. The reviews, comparisons, and shootouts cater to the advertisers. You'll never get a real review in a magazine. RC Car Action is the worst offender of this.

You're better off sticking to social groups and YouTube for RC information. But be careful because both forums and YouTube have sponsored content as well as team drivers giving biased information.

I used to get RCCA and RCD, RCD is now out of print, and it looks like RCCA is going the same way. The last two issues of RCCA have been VERY thin, which means advertisers are going away.

Aside from being wonderful crapper reading material, I liked getting both magazines, they had some good articles, and the Reader's Rides were always interesting.

I used to get RCCA and RCD, RCD is now out of print, and it looks like RCCA is going the same way. The last two issues of RCCA have been VERY thin, which means advertisers are going away.

Aside from being wonderful crapper reading material, I liked getting both magazines, they had some good articles, and the Reader's Rides were always interesting.

Instead of magazines I now use my phone or iPad for the same reason.

Readers Rides was always my favorite section. But now we have that all over the forums and social media.

Alas, it's the same story with Mountain Bike rags. Like RC Car Action, Mountain Bike Action published by the same group, is basically one big advertisement.

Personally, I love print magazines and still buy them. I would be thrilled to see a well done RC Crawler Rag

RC Car Action is the last print magazine left. RC Driver was my favorite, but that magazine folded about a year ago, and is an online-only website/youtube channel now.

Yep. :cry:

Alas, it's the same story with Mountain Bike rags. Like RC Car Action, Mountain Bike Action published by the same group, is basically one big advertisement.

Yep. Gettin thinner with every issue, last was like 66 pages. WTH? :cry:

Personally, I love print magazines and still buy them. I would be thrilled to see a well done RC Crawler Rag

Yep! :)

I love magazines, no batteries required, smells like new book/magazine, enjoyable to read and sometimes just look at the pictures again and again! :)

RC Car was the best ever US RC magazine, least biased by advertisers, sadly out of business years ago. Brian 'Skinny' Skinner was a writer with them, he's now with Velocity RC magazine which never really grabbed my attention in a good way (too much glitzy basher rc). UK has had some great RC mags at least years ago, RC Racer was one that I bought at the bookstore and paid like $12 USD for, but worth it, less advert biased, heavier paper stock, slightly larger format, great mag! :)

OH, still in business!!!
RC Racer - The home of RC racing on the web

Edit: Here's a bunch of interesting mags from our friends across the pond! I just bought some subscriptions to try out! :)

http://adhpublishing.com/shop/store/current-issues/

Last edited:
I looked at RC Car Action on Amazon. Usually you can good deals there, but there wasn't one. I think it was $30 for a year. THats not a good deal IMO. I'd probably jump on it for $20.

Just looked on Ebay and didn't see any subscriptions for sale, but I did see some very old issues for sale! I wonder if I can figure out the time frame when I bought my first RC car out of a magazine. I know it was Car Action and it was a friends magazine. Would be fun to get one of those old magazines and see what I bought and how much I paid for it. Funny thing is I still have some of the tools and oil that came with the kit, and that back in 90 or 91. Where the car is I have no clue.. Might be in a box in my parents basement back in IL.

Last edited:
Back