• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What tire foams for light weigh capra?

Lspencer

I have a capra with a light weight chassis. Only running capra axles and motor/trans. Truck weighs in at 2.5 lbs with battery. My question is what tire foams should I go with on a light truck like this? I have most experience with heavier trucks. I put the proline 1.9 xl bfg krawlers in g8 compound on it. Should I go with the proline dual stage? The prolines almost seem like they would be too much for the light truck.. or i was thinking the ci Lil novas in 4.5 soft front and medium rear.. any suggestions are appreciated.

at 2.5 pounds i wouldent think you would need any foams
i would imagine a soft single stage closed cell foam would be enuff to keep the wheel off the rock and with enuff air gap it would conform to the rocks pretty good
but im juzt guesing

at 2.5 pounds i wouldent think you would need any foams
i would imagine a soft single stage closed cell foam would be enuff to keep the wheel off the rock and with enuff air gap it would conform to the rocks pretty good
but im juzt guesing

I was thinking the same thing. Will see how they are once they break in.

So a 4.75" tall tire on 2.5 pound truck?
The 4.50" Lil Nova is going to be too firm of a foam for that weight, especially with a medium outer.

A 4.25" Lil Nova with soft outer may be alright, and you'll need either soft or no outer at that low weight for tire conformity on the rocks. A 4.0" Lil Nova may fill it, but CI is sold out of them currently.

No vent holes in tire = no tire conformation; especially the lighter the truck weighs RTR.

A comparable situation is the TRX4M, a light weight mini crawler, using Little Guy Racing Tires, on Little Guy Racing bead locks, filled with a Crawler Innovations Single Stage Deuce's Wild foam (CWR-3026), no conventional outer foams, only a small air gap between the tire and closed cell foam. It performs consistently and predictable.

So possibly CWR-3001 would work in your application, a single stage foam to give the tire some structure, but with enough air gap to allow the tire to perform on the rocks.

Back