• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What is your max climbing angle?

MonsterDDT

Rock Stacker
*Remember, it's climbing angle, not just standing.*

I got 54.69 degree (calculated by tan-1(72cm/51cm)).

The tires start to slip. I guess if the surface are less slippery, I will get a steeper max angle. :idea:

cr-01d.JPG

Last edited:
That looks very good for a scaley! I tried on a painted door with my scorpion and got to 48deg with lizards, if i went real slow it would climb, if i gassed it the tyres started to bounce and it would slide all the way to the bottom.
I like the CR01's

Very Cool!!

I put some packing tapes on the board surface to try to eliminate the slip.
Then I tried to get pass 55 degree. What happened was the right front wheel start to lift off because of the torque twist. The stock rear suspension seems too soft to let me go any further.

What is your setup?
I put 1/2lb on each front wheel, 1/4lb on each rear wheel.
Toke out the front torsion bar.
The rest are stock except the 55T motor.

DDT

PS: Oh, I also realized my 4WS setting is not doing good for climbing steep straight like this. It's hard to keep the rig stable. I guess this is the biggest(only?) down side of 4WS.

Heres my max angle. Havent measured it but looks steep enough :) I could propably go a few more degrees but havent tried yet.

HERES the vid

Last edited:
3.5 Ounce weight in each front tire and 1 ounce in each rear ( will add about 1 ounce more in each rearwheel)
Front torion bar gone
3Racing shocks and servoholders
Black 3racing springs in the rear
Stock motor( also have a 55T but its not in atm)
CC Sidewinder ESC and BEC

Last edited:
The door i went up on is at around 55+ degree angle so really happy with it. Might be able to go even steeper but havent tried yet.

MonsterDDT: Do u use constant 4ws ? I also have 4ws on mine but only when i want to. I use the PunkRC steering computer so i got 3 modes: Rear lockout( fron steering), 4ws and crabwalk.

Last edited:
The door i went up on is at around 55+ degree angle so really happy with it. Might be able to go even steeper but havent tried yet.

MonsterDDT: Do u use constant 4ws ? I also have 4ws on mine but only when i want to. I use the PunkRC steering computer so i got 3 modes: Rear lockout( fron steering), 4ws and crabwalk.

Yes I have full time 4WS. I saw that PunkRC on the web before. It's pretty cool consider that I have a third ch from my TQ3. But their price is steeper than 55 degree. :p

Well i bought the Punkrc cause i felt it was worth it and was cheap :) Isnt ur 3rd chan 3 "stage" like my dx3 3rdchan. ?

My TQ3 ch3 only has two stages. (L/R without middle)

PunkRC is selling the steering computer for $80 bucks.... which almost one third the price of the rig (I paid $299) which I think it's pretty expensive. I got my server reverser for $10 bucks that's what I called cheap. :)

Well i bought the Punkrc cause i felt it was worth it and was cheap :) Isnt ur 3rd chan 3 "stage" like my dx3 3rdchan. ?

Back