• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What does the general public perfer?

What does the public of RCCrawler.com prefer the Hpi Crawler King or the Axial AX10. I am asking for Lifespan counting durability and ability. Oh and this is about out of the box with the same battery and motor and esc

Last edited:
AX10. The WK was never meant to crawl out of the box, which is why it has "Wheely" in its name.

Axial. We all tried to make the Wheely/Crawler king work initially but it's just not a great base. There are fans of it, but there are also fans of the Redcat...

Stick with Axial and you'll be happier.

This. I started with a wheely king and it was fun but took a lot of mods out of the box to get it to be a good crawler. Was a decent basher rig for sure. I then went to the AX10 and was surprised at how much better it did. Even compared to a mod'ed WK the AX10 was still better stock and only got better with every mod.

Axial. We all tried to make the Wheely/Crawler king work initially but it's just not a great base. There are fans of it, but there are also fans of the Redcat...

Stick with Axial and you'll be happier.

I am one of those fans, though about the only thing I am currently using of the truck is the axles.
Go with Axial you wont have the breakage that you will with a CK/WK.

Axial. its one of thoes rigs where you can bolt on an scx10 chassis and build a scaler if ya get tired of comping

Those are two very different types of trucks you are comparing, they are apples to oranges really.

The AX10 is a pure crawler which obviously it will excel at. The Crawler King, despite its name is more of a monster truck/basher/crawler.

I would go with Axial, just for the part quality and ability to change it up if you get bored. It all depends on what you want to do with it?

Ok thank you very much I have decided on the AX10. Other than that last question do they still make the ax10 scorpion?

There are pleanty still running around. In the for sale section here, craigslist, and ebay. You should really have no problem finding one.

ok thanks and man I figured they didnt make the scorpion anymore

They did, but they were so popular that they were even being sold in Department stores. Someone correct me if they want to but I believe Walmart even had them for a while. They were everywhere.

Back