• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What Battery Should I Use

camhotwheels

In my wraith I'm running a castle creations sidewinder 3 with a 5700kv 4pole motor what battery should I use a 3s or a 2s. What brand do you recommend, i will be using a traxxas conecter. Right now I'm using a 2s 25c 5000mah venom.
P.S. it says it recommends 30c or a really good lipo thats 25c.

Thanks in advance :ror:

I started out with that same battery. It worked fine but was too big and heavy for my liking and after about 6 months it puffed, big time. Venom replaced it quickly but since then I've decided to just go with cheap batteries. That makes it affordable to have 2s through 4s and various capacities depending on what I'm doing (crawling, bashing, trailing). If I abuse one and it dies, no biggie and I don't expect them to last more than a year or so. I've been getting the GForce brand from ValueHobby.com since November and they're all still working fine. I always get ones rated at 30c or higher.

As far as cell count is concerned, you'll need to check the specs on that motor. A 5700 kv motor on 3s will probably destroy itself at that speed (63k rpm).

Super-puffy!
485575_01.jpg

Back