• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Want to experience a faster motor on Tamiya CR-01 chassis.

Bi77

Hi, please pardon me if I sound ignorant. I have a Tamiya CJ 40 on a CR-01, with stock can motor RS 540 20T. Since I am not a hardcore crawler, and do I yet have any complaint toward the tongue of stock motor. But I want to have a 2nd set of motor that can trade in the tongue for a faster speed for use on a different course, say dry lake basin. Did anyone have a good recommendation? Is 6.5T too fast for the stock gear box to handle? I appreciate for your 2 cents.

I ran a Holmes 35t in mine on 3s. Good wheel speed but tame enough to maintain control.

I run a HH Crawlmaster 16t (equivalent to a 35t) with Holmes BRXL ESC on 3s with stock gearing on my CR-01. Great low speed resolution and lots of top end.

I would not recommend 6.5t for a CR-01. Too fast and you'll probably burn something up.

Last edited:
Ran a 3800 brushless in mine for a while when it was a monster truck. Gearbox and axles handled it like a champ. Just bear in mind if you're doing any jumping there's no slipper. If you have not swapped out the center driveshafts, you'll need to do so - stock ones can't handle the stock motor.
12152011001.jpg

Back