• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

VK's SiK G6 Build....

Vetteklr

Well.... Here it is. This is long over due as I have been working on this build since before Thanksgiving. I've lurked these pages for literally years now and have always drooled over the amazing buildings.

I guess I can introduce myself since I haven't really posted too much on here. I'm Texas born and raised. Served in the military. 2-14 Infantry Battalion, 10th Mountain Division, Ft. Drum, NY. I served in Iraq and all of that fun stuff. Got out, went to college, got a couple of degrees. Ran my own small business a few years, I raced ATV's professionally for a few years and chased several different national circuits. And now here I am, living the dream!

And here's a build list... I've kept record of all of this in a fancy Excel spreadsheet. For the sake of keeping everything stream lined but also to help remember what all it has in the event I decide to sell this rig. So needless to say it's not only been exciting but also exhausting!

I'll preface the remainder with letting you know that I have no knowledge of competitions nor do I believe any take place anywhere remotely near me. I would LOVE to get out and give it a shot sometime, just for the experience and to meet people that have a common interest and passion.

To anyone that has helped me out along the way I can't thank you enough. A few guys and groups I'd like to give a shout out to directly are listed here. (I'm sure I missed someone, if i missed you... and you helped out, You are GREATLY appreciated)
-heyok
-ROLANDROCKSHOP
-STANG KILLA SS
-Norton
-The crew at Locked Up RC
-CustomCrawl RC
-SuperShafty
-and of course RPP Hobbies!

With that being said... What I'm going to do here is layout the items I've received or have on the way. This build is very much still in progress due to the fact that as I got into it, i decided I didn't want to half step anywhere. I placed what I would like to say is my "last order" today with a few parts that should give me the reason to finish bolting it up and take it out for some runs!

• Custom Crawl RC Chassis
• Custom Crawl Billet Body Posts
• CBE RC Fab Shock Keys
• CBE RC Fab Link Tabs
• Jevne Racing SCX10 Battery Plate
• Spektrum DX4C Radio
• RC ROCK ARMOR - SCX10 G6 Rear Bumper with Led Holes
• RC ROCK ARMOR - SCX10 G6 Front Winch Bumper-
• Boom Racing Type I Shocks Set 100MM (rear)
• Boom Racing Type I Shocks Set 120MM (front)

• DCW Crawlers Wheels - 1.9 Hurricane (Directional)
• 1.9 Voodoo KLR Vex Blue Compound
• Two Stage Foams for Voodoo KLR (10+ lb truck)
• LockUp RC Scale Hardware (M2x1mm)
• LockUp RC Scale Hardware (M2x7mm)
• BlackSteel LE 1.9" Agile Black Steel Beadlock Rings
• 1.9" Black Inner Rings
• Vanquish Products SLW .350 Wheel Hub Black (2)
• SLW Harware Kit

• Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro BL 540 Stubby 3300kv
• Holmes Hobbies TrailMaster BLE Pro Waterproof
• 6mm SCX10 BombProof Transmission - Gun Metal
• MIP SCX10 Driveshafts
• 6mm MIP Hubs
• Robinson Racing Pinion Gear 32P (testing a few out)
• HPI Racing Screw Shaft M4x2x12mm Black Savage 21 (6)
• The Scale Shop - SCX10 Smooth Skid

• Holmes Hobbies HV500 Servo
• Hot Racing Alum Lock Servo Arm 2H M3 Mount M3 25T

• VANQUISH Axial SCX10 stage 1 kit Black
• VANQUISH Axial SCX G6 Titanium 8pc. Link Kit 12.00 in WB
• SCX10 8* Vanquish Steering Linkage Set - RC4x4
• SSD D60 Axle Case for SCX10 (1)
• SSD D60 Rock Shield Diff Cover (Black)
• Axial Heavy-Duty Bevel Gear Set 36T/14T AX10
• Axial HEAVY DUTY BEVEL GEAR SET 38T/13T
• Super Shafty - Super Spools (Qty 1)
• LockedUp RC Spool (Qty 1)
• FastEddy - Axial SCX10 Bearing Kit

• Team KNK SCX10 Stainless Hardware Kit
• RC4WD 1/10 Warn 9.5cti Winch (Front Mounted Winch)
• Vanquish Products RIGID INDUSTRIES 6" LED light bar Black
• Vanquish Products Poison Spyder JK LED light bar mount Black
• Vanquish Rigid 3" LED Light Bar (Rock Light)
• 3Racing Crawler Winch (Rear Winch)
• Traxxas Reciever Box Stampede/Rustler/Bandit
• HeyOK Winch Controller
• HeyOK Light Controller
• Mad Skinz Axial Jeep G6 Bikini Top - Black
• Castle Creations CC BEC 10A 6S Switching Regulator
• Castle Creations Field Link Portable Program Card-Car
• Custom Body Painting

Needless to say I've been busy!!!! I hope you enjoy this build as much as I have... It should be one for the books!

2016g6booty010%20(Medium).jpg

2016g6booty009%20(Medium).jpg

Last edited:
First off, thanks for your service! Second, well done. That's an impressive list of parts there and can't wait to see more. Keep up the awesome work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Like I mentioned it's been fun putting everything together. I've actually disassembled the majority of it. I was so excited to get it all together as fast as I could to take it for a run that I lost track of what my end goal was. I wanted to build something that was not only functional but also reliable.

In the mean time I picked me up a Wraith to fill the craving to go out and beat on something. That's been fun!

First off, thanks for your service! Second, well done. That's an impressive list of parts there and can't wait to see more. Keep up the awesome work

I have a pretty modified Wraith too. IO build it from the kit version, tore it all down and re did a lot of it. But even from the beginning, it has been my favorite RC ive ever had. I miss the scale of the scx10 thought so im building a new one now haha

Just opened the package with the light bar. Seems I ordered the wrong light bar AND mounts.... Lovely

Great looking build! Hit us with some more pictures :)

Thanks for your service, much appreciated.

I am grateful for your appreciation.

Here's a few of pictures I just took. I'll get some better shots soon enough. Still lacking a few odds and ends. But she's coming together.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454302993.826257.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454302998.870787.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454303013.102034.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet build.Is that some new color change paint.That G6 body went from white to metallic orange! LOL.

Back