• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

VFD twin OD question

rob5059

Quarry Creeper
Subscribed Member
Will the 21% OD gear set for the VFD transmission work in the VFD twin transmission?

Thanks

Will the 21% OD gear set for the VFD transmission work in the VFD twin transmission?

Thanks

Short answer, no.

Not without at least the standard vfd shaft set, and transfer case housing, which would eliminate the built in selectable o/d and dig options. Dig could be added with the vfd dig kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response Twade. 46%OD is a little extreme for my needs, I was hoping VP had an optional for us common folk.

Thank you for the response Twade. 46%OD is a little extreme for my needs, I was hoping VP had an optional for us common folk.

I agree with you, I will continue to hope for vp to release a basic chassis kit with f10 straight axles and a basic vfd.

I will continue to hope for vp to release a basic chassis kit with f10 straight axles and a basic vfd.

That is my hope too and I think they would sell like hotcakes just like the Builders Bundles did back during the Holiday Specials they had.

What percentage are you aiming for? Lock it in whatever OD is closest to what you want, and dial it in by changing the diffs.

What percentage are you aiming for? Lock it in whatever OD is closest to what you want, and dial it in by changing the diffs.
Most of my trucks are in the 5 to 10% range which is fine most of the time. What I would like to see is a 6 to 26% selectable OD.

Most of my trucks are in the 5 to 10% range which is fine most of the time. What I would like to see is a 6 to 26% selectable OD.

I don't like to promote Chinese companies, but I've had good luck with Boom racing. The only reliable reverse cut gears out there. I'd lock the OD in 6 percent and throw their 24/8 diff in the front end. should be roughly 26%. Selectable is out of the question, unfortunately.

Back