• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

very step drive shaft angle

scx10crawler

i just lifted my scx10 and the driveshafts were at way to much of an angle. and i like the height it is at, was wondering if you could drop the skid plate in the middle where the transmission and motor are mounted

Dropping the trans would kinda be pointless, you could just raise the body and return the suspension to stock or go with longer links up top and that should help a lot

To change the angle of shafts on the tranny you will need to lengthen your wheel base. Dropping the trans is an idea, but your putting an essential part of your driveline in the line of fire with getting hung up on things. If that is your idea and you really wanna explore its outcome, First try fabbing some mounts you can bolt to the outside of your chassis and lower the mounting place of the stock skid, Remount skid with some shims in there to keep everything snug. You might also take a look at some extra skid protection, something along the lines of the product in the url below.

gmade junfac | Rakuten Global Market: Skid Plate for Axial SCX10 and AX10 Axle J20025 Gmadejapan Junfacjapan 05P22Nov13

Hope this helps.

Happy Crawling,

Bigger tires and raise body mounts if u want the higher look.

Lengthen upper links 5-10mm if u wanna try to keep the high clearance and make it work.
If the shafts are binding, keep a close eye on the motor temps!
Could also lower ride height (softer springs or other adjustment) so u still have the travel for the high clearance, but the shafts won't be bound as long.

Back