• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vanquish titanium vs incision stainless links

Megalodon

Im looking to replace the stock kit links in both my bomber and scx10II. My bomber is a jack of all trades rig with a holmes 3500kv puller pro and my scx10 II is a slow speed trail truck with a holmes crawlmaster 16t. It sees alot of mud and water. What are your guys recommendations for links for each individual truck? Thanks!

PS. Ive searched the forum and I could not find a thread that layed out the pros and cons of the 2 options.

Weight is the biggest pro when it comes to SS links...down low where it should be. I have snapped many titanium links, but only slightly bent SS links (which can be bent back to straight). Some of my rigs use ti upper links and SS on the lowers. I say go stainless.

I'm doing a build with the combo bilinvic is talking about. SS lowers with Ti uppers. The only problem with that is you can't by this as a package. SSD does a SS lower link kit for the SCX10ii

Stainless links are cheaper, don't tarnish or rust (sort of a tie with Ti in that regard), and will do the job, but adding weight in the form of heavier links is not the best way or place to add weight. I don't really understand why everyone thinks that just adding heavy ass parts all over the place is suddenly the thing to do, but 10+ years of people actually figuring this stuff out tells us it's not.

Stainless links are cheaper, don't tarnish or rust (sort of a tie with Ti in that regard), and will do the job, but adding weight in the form of heavier links is not the best way or place to add weight. I don't really understand why everyone thinks that just adding heavy ass parts all over the place is suddenly the thing to do, but 10+ years of people actually figuring this stuff out tells us it's not.

So you recommend Ti links?

So you recommend Ti links?

Sounds like for your application Stainless would be a great solution. I run them when I don't care about weight. I'm just being a dill-weed about the whole "add tons of weight everywhere" trend that's going on right now.

I agree with Highmark.....having too much weight isn't good either...it's a fine line and takes many hours of testing and tuning usually to get it perfected. I still definitely recommend SS links though.

I might go with the ss links for my bomber and keep the stock kit links with new rod ends for my 10.2. My 10.2 doesnt get abused as much as my bomber but the stock rod ends are struggling.

I've got the SS links on my Bomber, but it's set-up for crawling. It is a heavy beast even with trying to cut weight elsewhere. Works and has been bulletproof so far.

Back