• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vanquish F10 Portal Reverse

Robotboy

RCC Addict
Wondering if it's possible to use reverse gears in the rear Vanquish F10 Portal axle?
I can't tell from pics and search turned up nada.
I want to try to use it for a mullet project...if possible. Thanks!

yes its possible and is been done. I believe one of the recent builts on the VS-4-10 section did it... IIRC they dremeled the plastic housing in order to match the rotation to their straight front axle

I’ve never used reverse cut gears, I’m assuming you would just flip the spool and ring gear to the other side? In which case, yes that is possible with a little dremel work on the housing.

I just used a regular o/d ring and pinion, dremeled the housing and flipped the whole third member on my Phoenix mullet project.

With the o/d gears and a stealth x setup to send the o/d to the rear axle I have around 18% total over drive to the front.

843b056af83d68e94fe896b1523c6adf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reverse cut gears do not change the rotation of the axle. You need to move the ring gear to the other side of the pinion.

Here's the dremel work I did to flip the diff on an f10 portal I installed in the rear of my scx10 pro.

Loy3DGP.jpeg

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah with the rev gear I have to run the ring gear on the other side.
Should be a breeze...fingers crossed.

Back