• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Underwater Drone Saves Aerial Drone From Lake | Recovery Mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnU0eyc8sfU

It's finally here the moment you have all been waiting for! The day I have dreamed of! Recovering my racing drone back out of the lake! This one is going to be good so grab some popcorn and cozy up cause it's gonna be a wild recovery mission! Special thanks goes out to Kade from Ace3DPrinting for engineering and designing the arm used to recover the drone. Without him this would not have been possible. https://www.instagram.com/ace3dprinting/ The recovery was much more difficult then I had expected it to be even with all the information on where it went into the lake. I found the best time to search for the drone was right after winter before all the weeds grow. It was during this time that I managed to find the missing treasure I had hoped to find. I never would have thought I would own a underwater drone but now I do. Guess if I ever end up in deep water again I always have a chance at recovery now!

Really impressive, man. Fantastic footage too. You and your buds have some mad skills... I woulda had to swum out there and then the weeds woulda wrapped around me and drug me down to my death lol. Congrats on the recovery!

Very cool video. Operating and maintaining commercial versions of these underwater vehicles is one of my gigs at work, it is one of the cooler aspects of my job. But, calling it a "drone" makes my eye twitch, it is a ROV: Remotely operated vehicle. Of course, the drone he found and recovered isn't a "drone", it is a multi-rotor aircraft. The word "drone" is an idiot term the media latched on to because it sounds like something from the Terminator.

Back