• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trx4 Specialty Components/Upgrades

MonkeyChimp

I was wondering if there exists a list of lesser known, high quality upgrade components (or manufacturers thereof) for the TRX4? And if not, should one be created? Examples that come to mind are: Corrupt Carbon Works, InTheWorksRC and WFORCCustoms. Such a list could prove invaluable to nut cases, such as myself, that are looking to shave weight or increase performance using upgrades that simply can not be found with a simple Google search. Thank you.

MC

Hi All,

a very good idea.
I would add to your list:
Murat-rc on ebay
club5racing.com
snakepitrc.de
screenprintdigitalstickers.com
rc-schrauben.de
nwscalerdesigns.com
iercscaler.com
jecracing.com
teamgaragehack.com
rc4x4-shop.com

Last edited:
I would love too see such a list. Just a general list of most favoured parts regardless of retailer would be great too. Right now I’m looking for a nice bumper and really don’t know where I should look. I’m also wondering if there’s a 3rd party long arm kit for the trx4. Rock lights, light bar options are another interest. I bought the pro scale Traxxas light kit but the power module and rock lights failed and now the light bar won’t go bright using the Link App. Only the hardware switch works. I’d love to know of other quality light providers (led tone, brightness, durability) other than mytrickrc.

There are so many sources out there, that this list could turn up veeerrrrryyyyy long. Unless it's a unique design, I think that most of the parts are basically the same, and just being rebranded. I've gotten the same rear bumper from 2 different sources, one branded, one not and they were exactly the same.

I have found some really nice stuff, just by searching something in Google with a generic title like ''TRX-4 aluminum bumper'' or ''1/10 crawler bumper'' etc. But there are also specific sites that I will look for something first and then do a more thorough research for it.

Continuing the above, I seen the SSD D110 Defender bumper sold under half a dozen different names, and at least one-- the Benedict Harry version-- does it better than SSD themselves. The SSD has a bracket that bolts to the inside of the bumper, while the "knock off" has reversible tabs that can be mounted in 4 different positions, for perfect alignment.

I appreciate all of the responses and opinions thus far. However, what I had in mind was a list of manufacturers to consider when you’re looking for something truly out of left field. Such as carbon fiber (other than rails) parts for the TRX4, belted 1.9” tires for a speed build etc. These are just examples that popped into my worm eaten brain, not specific requests. Simply a list of favorite “boutique” websites/fabricators that you’ve stumbled upon. Thank you.

MC

I appreciate all of the responses and opinions thus far. However, what I had in mind was a list of manufacturers to consider when you’re looking for something truly out of left field. Such as carbon fiber (other than rails) parts for the TRX4, belted 1.9” tires for a speed build etc. These are just examples that popped into my worm eaten brain, not specific requests. Simply a list of favorite “boutique” websites/fabricators that you’ve stumbled upon. Thank you.

MC
i think you just discribed the venders section in this forum

Back