• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRX-6 vs Axial Jeep Gladiator

N4SIR

I own a trx4 sport but im going to give it to my son .. I just made a few thousand on gamestop stocks so i figured i would splurge on a new RC for me :)

i have it narrowed down to the Trx-6 or the Axial Jeep Gladiator JT

i mainly trail and crawl and have a course in my yard and a state park literally in my backyard (our house backs up to it 1 acre) with no neighbors

both have pros and cons but it seems like both probably need new steering servos soon

I am fine with how fast a stock trx sport goes so i was considering a hobbywing 1800 fusion if i went gladiator not sure about trx 6

i would like to eventually own both its more of a what do i buy "now" and build up and play with for the next few months etc..

the difference in price is only about $100 so im not concerned with that .. more the overall "fun" of driving etc and all the fun scale parts and accessories you can get for them ..

any owners or people who have exp with them i would love your thoughts and pros and cons about owning one of these

I have a trx6 and love it, I wouldn’t want it to be my only crawler though. It’s nice to have a standard 4x4 crawler to. I don’t have a gladiator but i have a 10iii wrangler. It seems the gladiator does well at climbing because of the long wheelbase. But like everything it needs a little tuning and small upgrades. Do you live in fruitland park Florida? If you do, go up to scale mountain rc park at markets of marion, I’m sure you will run into people that have both rigs and you could get a good idea of what you like.

As much as I love my TRX6, I would go with another TRX4 or the Axial. Having similar rigs will make crawling with your son a lot more fun.

Well least you know you want both. I have the gladiator but have not had a chance to run it since I got it for Christmas. So I don't know how it will perform. But I don't think you could go wrong with either one for a choice. Both are good quality trucks.

I only use my 6x6 when everyone is going home. It is like running a 1/10 against a 1/24 scale. I would have two very similar rigs before I got the 6x6. I would go with another sport. If either makes a technical line it is a fun challenge for the other to figure it out also. A 6x6 following a sport is not a challenge unless placed in a tight spot to negotiate a turn.

Last edited:
So I have the TRX-6 and my Bro got the Gladiator. We often go out trailing together, and we also do crawling, usually at contruction sites.

So what I can tell you is that the TRX-6 does climb better, but it's a bit expected being that it's longer and has an extra set of wheels for traction. I plan to put a fusion 1800 in my TRX-6 because I put one in my SCX10ii and love it.

The TRX-6 is tough as nails and just works right out of the box where as my brother had to do quite a bit of tinkering with the Gladiator to get the Dig servo right and he took the cage off. The SCX10iii gladiator does have the dig which is a neat feature and really helps on down hills.

If I had to pick between the two I would have a really hard time because they are both great, and different enough that you can pretty easily justify getting both.
If I had to pick one to get first, I would say the TRX-6 because it has a much larger sweet spot for trailing. It's fast when it needs to be fast, it's slow when it needs to be slow. It has great traction and honestly it's just fun to watch the truck work with all 3 axels articulating. Unless you are in comp courses, the length of the truck doesn't really hurt much. And what the truck goes up is AMAZING. I will crawl up things that my brother's Gladiator does not. (Mind you he gets better approach angles)

The 6 is still my "get it first" pick.

Back