• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trx-4m Low Trail K10

CrawlinMike

RCC Addict
Been awhile since I’ve posted on here and don’t see too many lowered to look like a stock truck.

Here I’ve taken off the rear shock towers and put a defender tower on the front. Rear shocks to frame I think are 24mm and front 39 eye to eye. As it sits it is not full droop and can compress and extend from the static position. I didn’t want to be cheating by getting it that low by bottoming it out. Popped an interior in as well Holmes 66t, crawl trans ratio, 9% overdrive, metal servo gears, and I’m awaiting parts in the mail to make a sway bar. One other note is when you lower it you’ll need slightly shorter rear links to center up the axle to the wheelwells. It’s hooked up to run the traxxas trailer utility lights and pull that and I’m in the process of making a gooseneck. Pulling anything the torque twist is pretty amplified and well a sway bar will help out. It is already all bearings. Bed is painted flat black to look like liner and the body inside is now painted all black to prevent light bleeding through. Hope these pics work. The first pics are the up to date ones.

Don’t hesitate to ask anything as I can go into more detail or show any specific parts if you want.

56b52e355b9c89d1b42a6f821094acbf.jpg

d28cf92cb27ba7a8a8bede7087d4193f.jpg

f067367164f3a4d879f521213ef9d2a0.jpg

dc1c867dc729e1a887a709d04eceb81e.jpg

cab2357f47cbd110805626e8b92719c6.jpg

1e074644ae9a44754b9db7d9d705d427.jpg

1cbdb3e6a8a0f642af072a50de6899c6.jpg

Looks so good lowered! Great job!

Good info on the rear links. I wondered if that would have been an issue.

That looks rad. It would be a ton of fun to crawl around the yard with that.

That looks rad. It would be a ton of fun to crawl around the yard with that.

I hauled in over a ton of rock and made an area I plan on making into a mostly micro scale mecca. I have some other scaler micros and a comp style one so it’s gonna turn out great. So far all I’ve accomplished was the acquisition and unloading of the rock lol. My poor taco brought over 2600lbs in one trip 50 miles. I scaled it because I was curious the weight. I also have a lift and beefier suspension so it wasn’t riding the overloads. Thanks !

4d61209a539a09e23a06fed07aff675d.jpg

Got me a sway bar set up on the rear. Even tho it’s got bearings and all is adjusted right, since I have it suspended and not at droop, the torque twist it still had annoyed me. Exaggerated twist when pulling a trailer and it’s mainly to pull the utility and gooseneck trailer.

5c567b4a2bdebdb48ffb968812c6d888.gif

What shocks are you using on the rear? I want to lower mine but maybe not that much. I got the defender/bronco shock towers but the rears won’t let the body sit on the mounts so can’t use them. And I don’t want to cut the bed floor out to clear them. I got underdrive gears for the rear which helped torque twist. I have sway bars on my Vaterra ascenders because of torque twist so I get it!

Ben

What shocks are you using on the rear? I want to lower mine but maybe not that much. I got the defender/bronco shock towers but the rears won’t let the body sit on the mounts so can’t use them. And I don’t want to cut the bed floor out to clear them. I got underdrive gears for the rear which helped torque twist. I have sway bars on my Vaterra ascenders because of torque twist so I get it!

Ben

They’re some pretty generic ones but here’s a screenshot so you can look it up. I just put a little grease in each shock body. They aren’t meant to hold fluid. I ran into the same problem trying to lower using defender towers. I do have a defender front tower still on there and used different shocks in the front(39mm). I certainly wasn’t going to cut holes in the bed.

39c4d17d81e3361dd4e75a5ffba7488a.jpg

Back