• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRX 4 compatible '72 chev p/u body

adam.baxter

I'm going to be trying to replicate my old 69 gmc 1/2 ton long-bed. Anyone know which of the c10 bodies would be an OK fit for a 12.3" or 12.8" wb TRX 4? I'll be either fabricating or just painting the gmc grill on the front of the Chevy as there are no GMC bodies out there. Proline has a couple different ones but both seem too narrow. JCONCEPTS has one but it's listed at 12.8" WIDE (which I find hard to believe) I've written them and tower to confirm if that's correct. Anybody got any ideas?

Yeah the Bodies that are long enough are usually made for short course trucks which is why they're so wide.

As for the GMC grill this is made for the Axial C10 body

Im not sure how close that is to the 69', its modeled after the 67'

You arent going to find a long bed version so what I would consider is getting 2 Axial bodies and combining them (cut off the rear and add in more bed) which would also give you the opportunity to get the wheelbase extended to fit.

Or another option if you dont mind a shorter wheelbase would be to get shorter links and driveshaft for the rear in order to shorten it to 12.3" which would allow you to use a stock/unmodified body.

One other note on the Axial body, its big. its a lot wider than most bodies meaning you will scrape and get hung up more often. Not trying to detour you its just something to consider.

Last edited:
This is the Proline long wheelbase 72 C10 body mounted on a TRX4 chassis and it is too narrow for my taste. But there are situations where the narrow body could be an advantage. BTW, you might get more TRX4 response if you post this in the TRX4 specific section below.

23244297_1655374501191366_5440242388005001864_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I'll probably go with. It is a bit narrow looking but probably performs well. I was just hoping for a true-scale alternative. This'll do though. Thanks. BTW it looks pretty cool!

If you choose your tires and wheels carefully, they may tuck in and look fairly good.

Back